View Poll Results: Galaxy 10.1 Tablet or Wait for new Samsung Tegra 3 Tab?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Tegra 2)

6 54.55%
  • Wait for New Galaxy Tabs (Tegra 3)

5 45.45%
    I just bought a Galaxy Tab 10.1 (my first Tablet) and after reading a few articles and specs on the Tegra 3 Chip coming out in the Transformer Prime I am wondering if I jumped on the tab wagon a little too early. I just don't want a month to go by and I will be regretting that I am stuck with a tablet that clearly is a bit slower than most expected.

Let me know your thoughts.

thanks!
    mully likes this.
    12-29-2011 10:13 AM
    I just picked up a 10.1 also. I'm pretty happy with it so far. Read the forums on the Transformer Prime and see all the problems people are having with them. Hopefully they all get sorted out. In the meantime, I'm very happy with the 10.1.
    12-29-2011 11:38 AM
    Oh, and I bought it at Costco, with a 90 day return policy. So.....though I don't plan on returning it, if it does get outdated quickly or I am not happy with it, I can always exercise that option.
    12-29-2011 11:40 AM
    Yah, I was looking at the forums for the last couple of days just to see exactly what I'm up against. After alot of reading it sounds like the best options for optimization of the 10.1 are run ADW launcher and root with a custom ROM.

My only worries is that after root I will be out of warranty or not able to update to ICS over the air once it comes out.

Not to mention I haven't been been able to try out playing with movies on it yet and from what I heard there are some issues in that department too.

Well, I guess I'll root and see where that takes me.
    12-29-2011 01:17 PM
    So I just watched a couple of Youtube vids on the Transformer Prime.....and WOW....that thing is looking pretty awesome. I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on the forums here and see if there are too many issues.
    12-29-2011 03:31 PM
    I just popped over to the TP forums and it seems like there are some issues with quality control and wifi (typical!). Definitely enough to keep me away and I am working on getting my 10.1 rooted now so I can flash ROMs. Also, learning to convert videos for optimal playback. Can't wait to take this thing with me on a trip and really put it to the test.
    12-29-2011 04:44 PM
    So, and after hearing about the prime no longer having gps and nameless other issues I have gone ahead and rooted the 10.1 and flashed Task 10 ROM and have to say. This thing is smooooooth! I'm very happy but can't believe that Samsung couldn't figure out how to make this thing run like this out of the box.

Thanks to Task and pershoot from XDA for such great work on tweaking this thing!
    01-04-2012 08:24 PM
    So, and after hearing about the prime no longer having gps and nameless other issues I have gone ahead and rooted the 10.1 and flashed Task 10 ROM and have to say. This thing is smooooooth! I'm very happy but can't believe that Samsung couldn't figure out how to make this thing run like this out of the box.

Thanks to Task and pershoot from XDA for such great work on tweaking this thing!
    You should try out the newest CM9 kang just to see how fast this thing is going to be.
    01-04-2012 09:59 PM
    You should try out the newest CM9 kang just to see how fast this thing is going to be.
    The cm9 kang is very fluid smooth , once they fix camera, hd playback and netflix ill make it my daily driver

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    01-05-2012 06:17 PM
    think of it like this... laptops and desktops all come with different processors. Some have dual and some have quad cores (some even have six), tabs are no different. Honestly it doesn't matter what tab you get because they are all future proofed and this tab still has some of the best hardware out right now and in the future. If you keep waiting you'll never get one so go with the one you want and stick with it. This tab was obsolete after you took it of the box, but it's only going to get better when ICS hits the tab. Quad core is awesome, but dual core runs just fine and is tried and true, just wait for ICS
    YBCold likes this.
    01-09-2012 02:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD