I have a GT 4G VZW LTE, and I am using it as a WiFi only device (No sim, no additional bill).

If need be, I can tether it to my rooted thunderbolt.

Anywho, since I can't figure out how to load new ROMs without doing whatever ODIN is, and this and that, it is rooted (I think), but factory in all other ways. Swapping ROMs is sooo much easier with the TB. I have hung around the XDA forums, but getting them to talk normal talk is out of the question. It's like me trying to explain pharmacy to a newborn in 5 minutes, then expecting them to manufacture narcs afterward.

How do I get the update without being on the 4G network? Will it work if I just check updates on WiFi?
    12-30-2011 01:28 PM
    Yes, I'm 99% sure it'll work if you're just on wifi. If you go to the "Check for Updates" menu and hit "Check Now", it should update the time every time you click it. That should mean it's checking even on wifi.
    12-30-2011 01:52 PM
    Cool. I'll give it a shot when I get home.

You would think they would want you to do it on WiFi, to save VZW's servers. lol
    12-30-2011 01:56 PM
    Yea...nothing.
    12-30-2011 04:11 PM
    Yea...nothing.
    Me neither and I'm on their network. The update is slowly rolling out. It'll get to you eventually.
    12-31-2011 01:03 AM
    Me neither and I'm on their network. The update is slowly rolling out. It'll get to you eventually.
    Very slowly rolling out.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.
    12-31-2011 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD