connecting sgt 10.1 to ad hoc wifi (wep enabled)

maixo

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
i have a samsung galaxy tab 10.1 and i am trying to connect to a wifi signal from a samsung laptop running connectify-me pro.i couldnt get connectify-me running with wpa2 security (hostednetwork error of some sort).i then tried running it with wep security and it worked ....with my iphone 4s.the samsung galaxy tab however gives me a message "unable to access network wep secured"
i emailed connectify-me and they wrote back with this nonsense

Connectify Tech, Jan-04 04:03 pm (EST):
Maixo,

This is a known problem with many devices, including most (but not all) Android devices. When you set up an Ad-Hoc hotspot with Connectify, you'll find that PCs and some other devices see it, but some portable devices do not. This is not our doing -- the portable devices are simply refusing the Ad-Hoc connection. There's no reason they couldn't use it, they're just programmed to reject it.

so samsung market a product as wifi only and then prevent you from using wifi signals !!
i have spent hours trying to fix this and have steam coming out my ears.there is a possible solution using a static address but how do you find out what ip address/gateway/network prefix length/dns1/dns2 are?
beginning to regret not getting an i-pad because this is like getting your toenails removed with a pliers.
can anyone puhhlease help me ?

AnimaTechnica

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
i have a samsung galaxy tab 10.1 and i am trying to connect to a wifi signal from a samsung laptop running connectify-me pro.i couldnt get connectify-me running with wpa2 security (hostednetwork error of some sort).i then tried running it with wep security and it worked ....with my iphone 4s.the samsung galaxy tab however gives me a message "unable to access network wep secured"
i emailed connectify-me and they wrote back with this nonsense

Connectify Tech, Jan-04 04:03 pm (EST):
Maixo,

This is a known problem with many devices, including most (but not all) Android devices. When you set up an Ad-Hoc hotspot with Connectify, you'll find that PCs and some other devices see it, but some portable devices do not. This is not our doing -- the portable devices are simply refusing the Ad-Hoc connection. There's no reason they couldn't use it, they're just programmed to reject it.

so samsung market a product as wifi only and then prevent you from using wifi signals !!
i have spent hours trying to fix this and have steam coming out my ears.there is a possible solution using a static address but how do you find out what ip address/gateway/network prefix length/dns1/dns2 are?
beginning to regret not getting an i-pad because this is like getting your toenails removed with a pliers.
can anyone puhhlease help me ?

Even apple products have problems with adhoc networks. For it to work on android you need to root and replace the wpa supplicant file.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

mldiroff

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I connect every day using a Windows 7 laptop and Connectify Pro. I'm not at my computer, but I'll check and see what my settings are.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers