Rooted Users: What ROM Are You Running?

trevor#AC

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I've been searching around XDA, but I'm not getting a good feel for the best ROMs available. Anyone on this forum rooted and running a custom ROM?

I think I'm looking for a pure Honeycomb experience (Touchwiz free), but if you're convinced on a speedy Touchwiz ROM I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm running an old ROM from Task650 v6.1 on the WiFi version since September. There has been a few updates to it, up to v10 now, but I've pretty much stayed with v6.1. Which was a mistake, because Samsung 3.2 OTA kept wanting to install.

I've been able to hold it off, by declining, but it decided to installed anyway during the night. Which then put the Tab in soft bricked mode. I would get the initial boot animation, then a glowing blank screen.

Went into recovery mode, selected reboot from there and all is good. Tab restarted with Samsung update message saying unable to install update.

Once my cold is gone, I'm going to either update to v10 of Task650 or have a go at the ROM you mentioned.

Wookiee

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Task650's Galaxy Task v10, with b00sted's blue ICS theme. I tried out the Cyanogenmod9 ICS Kang, and I absolutely loved it, but the lack of a hardware accelerated flash player prevents me from using it as a daily driver. Once that's resolved, I will absolutely be using CM9.

AnimaTechnica

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Task650's Galaxy Task v10, with b00sted's blue ICS theme. I tried out the Cyanogenmod9 ICS Kang, and I absolutely loved it, but the lack of a hardware accelerated flash player prevents me from using it as a daily driver. Once that's resolved, I will absolutely be using CM9.

Galaxytash 10 is fast and smooth. Agree on ics kang no video acceleration on the preview version but that rom is smooooooth

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

TWISM

May 29, 2011
Visit site

Using the exact same setup and waiting also on CM9.

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I rooted today but not yet flashed a ROM, and need to figure out how to do a stock held backup so I can get it back to stock should I need to

deeteroderdas

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I was running Task650's Galaxy Task v10, which is an awesome HC (3.2) ROM, with many improvements over stock.

I've started running CM9 alpha (KANG) ROM as my daily driver. This is an unofficial compile of the as-yet-unreleased official CM9 port of ICS for the Tab. It's fairly stable, blazing fast, but some things don't work (Camera, VPN, others...see OP on the XDA-Developer link:

[ROM][KANG]CM9 ICS P75xx Preview 01/08/12 - xda-developers

mldiroff

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
i run this rom too. much better than HC. HoneyComb feels so incomplete and half assed to me that even a pre release rom like this feels better

Count me in as running the ICS Kang. I really love Galaxy Task 10, too, but I've fallen for ICS :)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm now on Task 10, had a few issues getting it working right but now its done and I'm happy. Still have a couple of bugs with it........the Calendar widget FC all the time and my Tab now doesn't automatically connect to any known networks so I have to disable and enable wifi for it to connect.

aashafie

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Have scoured xda for ROMs as well, and for beginner as i am, i go fpr pvercome, although not cutting edge but give better overall experience. The plus point on this rom as there sem to be the most stable of the roms and big userbase for support

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Running Task10 with pershoot's kernel and boosted ICS theme. Very stable and very smooth. I would be running ICS but I can't be without the camera. As soon as the team on XDA finds a fix I will be flashing ICS and I can't wait!