I Own a G10, Should I get a Samsung Phone too?

tdi1985

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
So, I'll admit it... I still have a Blackberry Storm 2 (Verizon) for my phone. The Blackberry was really helpful at my previous job when I needed extensive use of email and BBM. I work somewhere now where I'm not given mobile access to my email, so the Blackberry is pretty pointless.

I bought my Galaxy 10.1 (WiFi) last September, and really love it. I pretty much don't touch my laptop or any other computer, and I'm always getting yelled at by my girlfriend for being on it.

I've been holding off on upgrading for a while now, because her T-Mobile plan is ending soon, and we're probalby going to get a plan together, but don't know what carrier.

Basically... As a G10 owner, should I get a Samsung phone as well, or is any Android device really going to suit me? Just curious if there are specific benefits to having the phone manufacturer match my tablet.

Any specific device recommendations? Not sure if I want to shell out $300 for a Nexus when my G10 does as much as it can.

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a Tab 10.1 and an HTC Desire Z phone, there probably are some benefits to getting a Samsung phone but none that I have discovered. The main thing I do with my phone & Tab together is to use my phone as a mobile wifi hotspot so I can connect to the net when I'm not in free wifi range.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
No real benefit to owning the same manufacturer in the phone and tablet. With that being said, the Galaxy Nexus has the latest version of Android (4.0, ICS) and the software buttons / design are similar on your Tab with Android 3.X. Functionality wise though they are a good bit different still. My best advice to you is go to a Verizon store and test out all the phones you are interested in. Often, they'll even be right next to each other, so you can see how doing certain things are done on each. Good luck.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I havethe nexus on verizon and it's cool but theres really no need to have the same manufacturer. Although sammy has some sweet phones.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am not a Samsung phone fan. Have had two and many issues. I own HTC. But I love my tablet. Just not Samsung phones

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk