Galaxy Tab STOLEN... How do I WIPE Remotely?

bigsyd

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
My GT 10.1 was stolen this week. It has a password on it. So, the thief really can't do much with it once they boot up. However, I still want to WIPE IT.

How do I do this? I remember setting the option in Settings to allow remote wiping. But How do I remotely send the command?

Unfortunately, its the 16GB Wi-Fi version. So, I'm sure I will have to wait for them to connect to a network. But if they connect to a network, they are probably already into the unit... correct?

I don't have anything sensitive on there. I just dont want them having access.

Also, I also have Seekdroid on there I think. I tried to send a command from there as well. Hopefully, it will wipe as soon as they boot up and somehow connect to WiFi

Any ideas, suggestions, tips?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Your right, if they are connected then they already have access. I would call samsung and give them the s number. They can probably shut it down from there end or maybe at the very least know where it is if it is connected. I'm sure someone smarter then i will have another option for you lol. Good luck.

EVO - LUTION 3D

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Look into the app Seek Droid. You can select to install to your Tab from the Android Market website. Then you can remotely activate the GPS and/or wipe it.

bigsyd

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Look into the app Seek Droid. You can select to install to your Tab from the Android Market website. Then you can remotely activate the GPS and/or wipe it.

Yeah, I use SeekDroid on the Tab and my HTC Thunderbolt. However, I can't remember if I reinstalled it to the tab after I rooted recently.

I did log into my account and sent commands to lock it and to wipe it however, it hasnt found the device yet.

I'm not gonna worry about it. Most of my data and files are in the cloud via dropbox, google docs, google music, etc.

I guess I now have another opportunity to buy the latest and greatest.

I have accesories for the Sammmy. So, I'm thinking I might as well stick with the GT 10.1

I wish I had taken advantage of that $299 deal for the GT 10.1 on Woot last week.

bigsyd

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Your right, if they are connected then they already have access. I would call samsung and give them the s number. They can probably shut it down from there end or maybe at the very least know where it is if it is connected. I'm sure someone smarter then i will have another option for you lol. Good luck.

EVO - LUTION 3D

Thanks. I guess I'm SOL. lol

bigsyd

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I really do miss my Galaxy Tab 10.1

I'm just about ready to replace it. They question is should I stick with the GTAB 10.1 or should I move on to another tablet. The forums lead me to believe that Samsung has slipped behind some of the other manufacturers in the tablet game. I hear ASUS has some slick products.

Then, of course they announce a Galaxy Tab 2 now.

Maybe I'll throw my charger, usb adapter, and HDMI cable on Ebay and just change tablets.

Any suggestions?

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I really do miss my Galaxy Tab 10.1

I'm just about ready to replace it. They question is should I stick with the GTAB 10.1 or should I move on to another tablet. The forums lead me to believe that Samsung has slipped behind some of the other manufacturers in the tablet game. I hear ASUS has some slick products.

Then, of course they announce a Galaxy Tab 2 now.

Maybe I'll throw my charger, usb adapter, and HDMI cable on Ebay and just change tablets.

Any suggestions?

Here's my thing with Samsung. They have the smartphone game down. But it seems this time around they flopped the tab game. Asus has their stuff together with the tabs they've shown off. I love Samsung and have an Sgt 10.1 but I'm about to trade mine for an asus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Seek Droid seems to require a carrier connection. Are there any similar apps that will work with only a wifi connection?

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Here's my thing with Samsung. They have the smartphone game down. But it seems this time around they flopped the tab game. Asus has their stuff together with the tabs they've shown off. I love Samsung and have an Sgt 10.1 but I'm about to trade mine for an asus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Same here. My sgsII is freaking amazing. So smooth. Can't speak the same for the tab

Dks2k2

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I have always been setup on SamsungDive in case my Tab10.1 is stolen. All you need is internet access to track it and control it remotely from any pc. Hope that day never happens and if I am out with it I *never* shut it off so if by chance it is stolen, I can track it/wipe it quick.

Samsung DIVE

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I never had luck with Sammy phones. But I just recently acquired the wifi 10.1 tab. I love it. Sorry yours was stolen. I had checked oiy other manufacturers. Kept going back to the galaxy. Am very happy

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol