[GUIDE] ROOT/UNROOT G-Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 U.S.A ONLY Honeycomb ONLY!!!

S0ckM0nk3y

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
THREAD IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED AS I DO NOT HAVE THE GT-P7510 ANYMORE

I know there are a few guides floating around but none of them seem to get updated with the newest files and how to's so here is something that I wrote up for people to follow.

Forgive me as I have been dealing with some family matters but here is the guide on how to root/unroot your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 USA WiFi Edition Only!!.

I nor any member of Android Central are responsible if you in any way shape or form Brick/Break/Crack/Disintegrate your Tablet by using this guide

Also............................

DO NOT come into my thread and bash/flame anyone or anything about this thread. If you have a problem with it please PM me and we can resolve it that way. I don't want my thread cluttered with links to other ROMS/KERNELS/GUIDES/ETC........ YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

IRC Server = irondust.net
IRC Channel = #galaxy-tab10.1
Webchat link = HERE

Step 1:

Download these necessary tools I have compiled in an all in one zip for you.

DOWNLOAD

Within this download you will see:

ODIN3_v1.85
recovery.tar.md5 (CWM 5.5.0.4) - Thanks to pershoot for this
P7510XABKMP_P7510UEKMP_HOME.tar
Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip

Alright now that we have this downloaded. Extract the zip to your desktop or wherever you want to keep it for safe keeping.

Now we begin the ROOTING PROCESS!

First we need to get to know your buttons on the tab as it can be a little trick for newcomers when navigating through recovery/download options.

P = POWER, D = VOLUME DOWN, U = VOLUME UP

buttons.jpg

With the Tablet powered off press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons till you see this screen below then release the Power button but still hold the Volume Down button.

startupscreen.jpg

The next screen you will see will look like this:

downloadmode.jpg

This is your bootloader screen with obiviously TWO options. To navigate through this screen you use the Volume Down button only to navigate and the Volume Up button to select:

To Get Into Download Mode Make Sure This Is Highlighted:

downloadmode.jpg

To Get Into Recovery Mode Make Sure This Is Highlighted:

recoverymode.jpg

This is what Download Mode will look like after you have selected the correct ICON by pressing the Volume Up button. There are two screens you will see.

The First:

download1.jpg

And The Second:

download_odin_mode.jpg

When you are in Download Mode open up ODIN3_v1.85.exe you have downloaded and extracted from the previous .zip I had you download in the beginning.

Plug your tablet into the PC. For tutorials on ODIN3 I will leave that up to QBKING77 and his AWESOME YOUTUBE VIDEOS

When you see the yellow box lit up hit the PDA Button in ODIN3 and select recovery.tar.md5. This is CLOCKWORKMOD 5.5.0.4

Hit start.

The process will last oh I'd say about................................... 7 seconds and then you will see a Green Pass box lit up as well. The Tablet will reboot on its own.

After the tab has booted up leave your Tablet plugged into the PC.

[EDIT:]

IF FLASHING A CUSTOM ROM IS YOUR GOAL THEN STOP HERE AND DOWNLOAD THE ROM OF YOUR CHOICE AND PUT IT ON THE ROOT OF YOUR SDCARD/USBSTORAGE AND FLASH THAT VIA CWM. IF YOUR GOAL IS TO JUST OBTAIN ROOT ACCESS AND BE COMPLETELY STOCK FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW.

Put the [COLOR="#00000"]Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip[/COLOR] onto the ROOT of your SDCARD/USBSTORAGE.

Next we want to power the tab off.

With the Tablet off boot into [COLOR="#00000"]Recovery Mode[/COLOR]

Now I always Wipe/Data Factory Reset 3X, Wipe Cache 3X and Wipe Dalvik Cache 3X as well. I do this because I'm anal and it's less chance of things going wrong with the flash so make sure you have everything backed up you need. However wiping all this from CWM will NOT delete your SDCARD/USBSTORAGE.

After you have wiped everything........

Select Install zip from sdcard

Installzip.jpg

Then choose zip from sdcard

Choosezip.jpg

Then select your Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip

SamsungRoot.jpg

Then select YES.

SamsungRootYes.jpg

Let it do it's thing then select reboot system now.

After it boots up HOORAY!!!!! YOU ARE ROOTED!!! NOW YOU CAN ENJOY CUSTOM ROMS/KERNELS or whatever your little hearts desire.

Enjoy!!

Now for the UNROOTING PROCESS!!

First thing to do is to make a backup of anything on your SDCARD/USBSTORAGE you might need.

Boot your Tablet into Download Mode

Plug your Tablet into your PC and wait for it to connect.

Select the PDA Button and then select the P7510UEKMP_P7510XABKMP_XAB.tar file

Hit Start and that process should take a couple minutes as it will put your Tablet back to the Factory ROM and Recovery and Kernel Images.

After it finishes it should reboot. You are going to want to power it down and boot into

Recovery Mode.

recovery.jpg

After you are in the factory Recovery Mode as seen above you are going to want to do a Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition 3X's. This will ensure that you are complete stock and it will wipe your SDCARD/USBSTORAGE

Congrats YOU ARE UNROOTED AND NOW ALLOWED TO RECEIVE OTA'S VIA SAMSUNG!!!

UPDATES

This section will be for updates to any part of the original download. Version/Build # will be wrapped in [x]

Code:
02/07/12 - P7510UEKMP_P7510XABKMP_XAB.tar.md5
Updated Market Version: 3.4.4 [Honeycomb 3.2] 

04/29/12 -CWM has been updated to 5.5.0.4

COMING SOON 3G AND 4G GUIDES!!

Last edited:

danagin

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ACSyndicate][GUIDE] ROOT/UNROOT G-Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 U.S.A ON

My device was already rooted, then I updated to the latest OTA update today. I need to unroot the device and put it back to factory. Will this work for me? The root carried over with the updates... I thought that would get rid of it for me.

Reactions: S0ckM0nk3y

S0ckM0nk3y

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
My device was already rooted, then I updated to the latest OTA update today. I need to unroot the device and put it back to factory. Will this work for me? The root carried over with the updates... I thought that would get rid of it for me.

Yes it will just download the updated tar.md5 file at the bottom of the thread and flash it through ODIN then do a factory data wipe to put back to complete stock. The updated tar.md5 is the latest OTA.

Just a tip for future reference. NEVER accept an OTA when on a rooted device. Too many things can go wrong with it. Just wait for someone to make a ROM with the latest update. Most devs are pretty up on their updates with them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: pennerp88

danagin

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

Yes it will just download the updated tar.md5 file at the bottom of the thread and flash it through ODIN then do a factory data wipe to put back to complete stock. The updated tar.md5 is the latest OTA.

Just a tip for future reference. NEVER accept an OTA when on a rooted device. Too many things can go wrong with it. Just wait for someone to make a ROM with the latest update. Most devs are pretty up on their updates with them.

Thank you! I'll be sure not to do OTA updates anymore too.

Reactions: S0ckM0nk3y

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Anyone know if this root method works with the latest OTA Samsung released?

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I cant seem to find the P7510UEKMP_P7510XABKMP_XAB.tar file that you need to unroot,,,,Am I looking in the wrong place?

exiledsoxfan

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

This may or may not be the right place, but I'm interested in rooting my galaxy tab so that I can take some game save data off of there to move it to my nexus 10. Does this work with the ICS upgrade? If not, does anyone know where I can find the right place to get the instructions/files to do that?

Thanks!

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

This may or may not be the right place, but I'm interested in rooting my galaxy tab so that I can take some game save data off of there to move it to my nexus 10. Does this work with the ICS upgrade? If not, does anyone know where I can find the right place to get the instructions/files to do that?

Thanks!
I also would like files instruction for upgrading from ics to jb

TIA

CoryBantic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

HELP! I just rooted my Tab but, even though I have the superuser icon, I don't have root access!?!? I've tried using root apps like Titanium BU and Quick Boot but both say they don't have root permissions? Can someone PLEEEEEASE help me here?

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

I need a method to root from the Verizon ICS version of this tablet.
Super Easy Root Method for Tab 10.1 (Noob Friendly Guide) - xda-developers

That link will work with the Verizon version, but only on Honeycomb unfortunately, and when I came into possession of this tablet, it was already on ICS. Is there a way to root from ICS, or revert back to Honeycomb in order to root?

Thanks guys!

S0ckM0nk3y

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey all sorry but i dont have any files for ics or jb for root methods. If gou try searching here on thw AC Forums and come up empty try over on XDA. I don't have the Galaxy Tab 10.1 anymore. So this thread will no longer be updated until I find the files but with the little time I have when I'm not working or being a dad I will do my best to find the correct files for you all.

Sent from my P.O.S. HTC One X (I really hate this phone and hate is a strong word)

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey all sorry but i dont have any files for ics or jb for root methods. If gou try searching here on thw AC Forums and come up empty try over on XDA. I don't have the Galaxy Tab 10.1 anymore. So this thread will no longer be updated until I find the files but with the little time I have when I'm not working or being a dad I will do my best to find the correct files for you all.

Sent from my P.O.S. HTC One X (I really hate this phone and hate is a strong word)

No worries man. I know it's an old device so I'm not expecting any updates on the modding, but Samsung has stopped updating this thing from what I've heard so it would be nice to leave this device with a viable root method.
I'm sure there's a way to revert back to an old firmware or flash CWM recovery using Odin but I'm far too noob to figure that out on my own.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

S0ckM0nk3y

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
No worries man. I know it's an old device so I'm not expecting any updates on the modding, but Samsung has stopped updating this thing from what I've heard so it would be nice to leave this device with a viable root method.
I'm sure there's a way to revert back to an old firmware or flash CWM recovery using Odin but I'm far too noob to figure that out on my own.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

I may still have an old ODIN File I will look this weekend and if I do I will walk you through the steps :)

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums