Can not Google anything

N8Dawg

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I have and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and an HTC Evo 3D. Since Google updated it privacy policy I can not google anything on the Tab. By that I mean I can not sign in to Google +, can not configure my gmail account, can not reach the android market. I get the error message "A problem occurred while communicating with Google servers." At first I thought it may be related to my corporate wireless but I get the same issue at home.

I can browse the web and log onto my gmail account using a browser so I am sure it is not a password issue. Any assistance wold be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Remove your Google account from your Tab and then reassociate it, see if effectlively 'rebooting' your Google accounts connection fixes the problem

N8Dawg

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Remove your Google account from your Tab and then reassociate it, see if effectlively 'rebooting' your Google accounts connection fixes the problem

I should have mentioned that I tried that and it did not work. I spoke with Samsung tech support and they felt it had something to do with having two way security verification activated on the tab.

Thanks for your response.

N8Dawg

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
OK Samsung does not have a direct answer for this issue. The work around is to login to your youtube account with your gmail credentials and that will 'unlock' you gmail account. After I did that my tab was functioning normally except for one issue. I can't get to the market.

It sounds weird but is documented in several forums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781