New Firmware update = New Market

dylan808

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
i saw on another site that users were starting to get firmware updates that finally includes the updated Android Market optimized for tablets.

so i downloaded this myself (took me a good 15 minutes) and lo and behold the new market was finally there.

although if it isn't there what i recommend is going into the Web version of the market and search "android market" and the honeycomb optimized version should be there and you can download it to your GTab that way

jday

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I am still attempting the update. It started just fine but the update has been stuck on 27% for more than 1/2 hour now. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm not going to try and stop it yet, but if it goes a lot longer, I guess I'm going to have to.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Firmware update sounds like something you have to install from your PC (rather than OTA), is that correct? Thanks.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I updated with no issues sitting in a coffee shop using their wifi. Took about 15 mins. Yes the new app catalog has the music section.

Galaxy tab 10.1

jday

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm still trying to update. After 1 1/2 hours stuck at 27%, I decided to shut down the Tab and restart it. That time it got to 26% and stopped. I only gave it 30 minutes that time and restarted it again. It's now been 20 minutes on this 3rd try and stuck at 26% again. I'm getting ready to go out for a few hours now so I guess I'll just let it sit there and see if it finishes. If it's still stuck when I get back it might mean that I got a corrupted download. If that is the case, I would assume I would have to do a factory reset. I really don't want to do that. Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks.

swagnificent

May 5, 2011
Visit site
New firmware update was downloaded and installed with out any issues. So far the only new change i've noticed, is the market update. Thank god finally, I was beginning to think buying a SGT 10.1 was a mistake, not anymore! go go Samsung.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
How do I get that update on my 8.9? I go to settings, about, and check for a software update and it tells me none is available.

Not sure if there is an update for your 8.9,,this is a 10.1 forum. Have not heard anything on your model.

EVO - LUTION 3D

jday

May 1, 2011
Visit site
For anyone having an issue with installing the update, I was finally able to get my 10.1 to finish the update. As I mentioned in a couple of posts above, the installation would stall between 25-28%. It would simply sit there for hours. I tried a couple of times to turn it off and back on and let the install restart. Each time it would stall at about the same place. I was just about to do a hard reset (back to factory defaults) but decided to try one more time (my 8th try) and that time it simply installed properly. I really don't know why that all happened, but the point is, if you are having the same issue, before you take the drastic action of a factory reset, give it 8-10 tries if you have to.

jate322

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I got the update this evening. It was stuck on 31% for about 15 min then it jumped to 60% and took about 5 more minutes. It did take a lot longer then usual to boot up. I haven't noticed anything different. I downloaded the newer version of the market a few months back. Has anyone seen a change log?

dylan808

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I got the update this evening. It was stuck on 31% for about 15 min then it jumped to 60% and took about 5 more minutes. It did take a lot longer then usual to boot up. I haven't noticed anything different. I downloaded the newer version of the market a few months back. Has anyone seen a change log?

No change log as far as I know. Tried looking for it elsewhere but can't seem to find it. I would assume some bug fixes and the only thing that stood out is the market update.

Just to be clear, but the market version we should be at is 3.4.4 right?

jackberk

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I've installed the update and now is my new market (3.4.4) blanc. No user interface on the first screen.
I only can search and see 'my apps'

Anyone can help?

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem with the market after this update. I had no market app. I simply rebooted and the market app reappeared.

Sent from my SGT 10.1

njguy0414

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I've also noticed that in some apps there is now an option to Stretch to fill screen or Zoom to fill screen. It's the icon by the notification area. I'm also seeing some type of market notification about a different game/app every once and a while... a tad annoying but not that big of a deal to me.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully the market won't be as buggy as before... But yea, this looks like the phone's market, and seeing that ICS merges phone and tablet.... As was already stated, this might be a prep (or might be that im over thinking this, as usual).

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I've also noticed that in some apps there is now an option to Stretch to fill screen or Zoom to fill screen. It's the icon by the notification area. I'm also seeing some type of market notification about a different game/app every once and a while... a tad annoying but not that big of a deal to me.

The stretch/zoom function came in with the 3.2 update a few months ago. It appears for apps that were designed for phone screens I believe.

...Sent from my Tab

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully the market won't be as buggy as before... But yea, this looks like the phone's market, and seeing that ICS merges phone and tablet.... As was already stated, this might be a prep (or might be that im over thinking this, as usual).

Actually i think its a prep because in order to receive the ics update the whole sytem has to be in compliance with googles request

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1