c'mon Samsung, fix the browser crashing

Jon no h

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Never mind ICS. Get this browser crashing issue fixed. I couldn't even post this from the tablet because it just kept force closing with no error.

It is very annoying, and so far when searching no one seems to have a fix yet. C'mon Samsung - get with it!

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just don't use the stock browser, it sucks compared to Dolphin HD

Never mind ICS. Get this browser crashing issue fixed. I couldn't even post this from the tablet because it just kept force closing with no error.

It is very annoying, and so far when searching no one seems to have a fix yet. C'mon Samsung - get with it!

Jon no h

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
hWell, Dolphin HD crashed same like the stock browser. Just closed, no error, no message. Never did this before. I wonder why now...

forenuser

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I found the stock browser pretty stable - before the latest update (to P7501XXLB1) arrived... from this update on the browser sometimes stops rendering and comes up with the start page.

Odd but i hope that ICS comes soon and fix this.
And yes, i tried some other browser but... hmm...

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I am rooted, but currently running the stock OS. Never had an issue with Dolphin HD ever crashing that I can remember, on any software version, official or otherwise...

Not a big help I realize, but just sharing my experience.

bruceleroyxbox64

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
We use an Internal web server for control of our automation systems. We have been testing all types of devices including Galaxy 10.1, here is what we know. HTML5+JS+Webkit=brwoser crash. If server asks device to draw null object, and manufacturer has not written patch, device crashes. We can reproduce this on about 20% of webkit devices(Mostly android, but also embedded Java devices). browser does not matter, all tested browsers on Galaxy crash. Motorola devises work, HTC phones work. The Java class generating the error is embedded, so complete source re-compile is needed. We loved the devices, but this is a no-go for us. so IPAD wins. Guess we need to wait for Samsung to fix. We have opted not to spend programming resources on Samsung. We have recompiled some of our in-house Embedded Java devises to recover from error.

Reactions: jcarson13

himmatsj

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I reckon using Firefox for Android. Has a slick UI and never crashes (stock crashes once many tabs are open for a long time).

Only downfall is that it takes you to mobile sites more often than not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz