Galaxy Tab 10.1 as a music player

Corrugated

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of trying my Galaxy Tab 10.1 as a music player for my main stereo system. I'd be wanting to play FLAC files through the HDMI adapter using Poweramp, into my receiver's HDMI input. If this works, I'd have a completely silent and totally convienent server and wouldnt have to set up a spare PC just for playing these files on that stereo. Anyone else tried this, and/or had any luck....suggestions?

Thanks!

Corrugated

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies!

Just an update: I have sucessfully got the Galaxy Tab to play my FLAC music files through the HDMI adapter, into my main stereo system. All sounds good so far, though the receiver displays "Linear PCM 44 khz" when a FLAC file or an MP3 file is played, so I'm not sure if I'm getting the full audio quality passed to the receiver (24 bit/96 khz FLAC music files)...

One more thing: which DAC is being used in this setup, the Galaxie's or the receiver's?? hmmmm...

Any thoughts?

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I airplay it through DoubleTwist to my AppleTV to my Pioneer receiver. Works great.
I can also airplay it directly to my receiver but there are some minor issues (i.e. No progress bar, sometimes the song will not advance)

brianchris

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd like more info on AirPlay via DoubleTwist: Do you need DoubleTwist installed on your computer for this to work? Which DoubleTwist Android app do you install? Which Apple TV is this compatible with....1st Generation? Thanks!

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I'd like more info on AirPlay via DoubleTwist: Do you need DoubleTwist installed on your computer for this to work? Which DoubleTwist Android app do you install? Which Apple TV is this compatible with....1st Generation? Thanks!

Airplay via DoubleTwist is very straight forward with the AppleTv (1st Gen). This is the set up that I normally use.
I think you need to buy the AirSync feature for Airplay to work but I could be wrong. I have the doubletwist main app and the air sync add-on.

It comes with a play widget so you can next/previous your tracks.
It's not the best looking player but it works well and the customer support is good.

The only reason I needed to install DoubleTwist on my computer is because I wanted to sync iTunes playlists (I used to own an iPhone). Otherwise, you can just drag and drop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12