07-11-2012 11:56 PM
72 123
tools
    Why don't you stick to speaking for yourself instead of assuming you have the right to speak for "many many others"? The apps I use look great and function just fine., and I've never had trouble finding an app I wanted or needed. You can tell me I'm wrong all you want, but it's the truth.
    Let me put it this way: the apps that are most used on a tablet platform by a regular consumer are better designed and better performing on iOS. What you use may not be what others use, and the apps I'm speaking of are generally considered 'core' apps for the tablet experience.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    monkeyluis likes this.
    06-27-2012 03:01 AM
    Hi all.
    I usually stay out of threads like this, Apple vs. whoever.
    Sooner or later they become slugfests.
    When I went to buy a tablet, I was going to get the Kindle Fire.
    It was going to be a gift for my wife, just a little gadget I thought she
    might have some fun with. After browsing the tablets for a few minutes, I
    bought the GT 10.1. After playing with the Tab for a day, I bought another
    one for myself.
    I took a quick look at the iPad, but moved on as I felt the Android would
    be a better fit for us based on other devices we have, and based on the
    closed system that Apple is. No doubt in my mind that the iPad is probably
    a great tablet, and I've never used one. I'm not an Apple basher.
    As for the user experience, we're both having a lot of fun with our Tabs.
    The apps we use look and work just fine. We don't have a need for an office
    suite, or work related apps (although my wife does use the Excel part of the
    office app that came with the Tab).i
    A few games (solitaire and a pinball game for me, a billiards game and a golf game for her).
    Some photo editing apps, like Photoshop Touch and a few others.
    We can manage files easily, copy to and from our computers over wifi, as well
    as print from the Tab to our older USB connected printers, also over wifi (VERY cool).
    As for the availabilty of tablet optimized apps, I'd say give it time. The iPad
    has been around longer. There are plenty of apps now, just depends on what
    a user needs. And it's up to the developers to write the apps. Any lack of apps optimized
    for tablets is not a fault with the Android platform.
    For us, the Tab fits our needs just fine.
    06-27-2012 06:51 AM
    Hi all.
    I usually stay out of threads like this, Apple vs. whoever.
    Sooner or later they become slugfests.
    When I went to buy a tablet, I was going to get the Kindle Fire.
    It was going to be a gift for my wife, just a little gadget I thought she
    might have some fun with. After browsing the tablets for a few minutes, I
    bought the GT 10.1. After playing with the Tab for a day, I bought another
    one for myself.
    I took a quick look at the iPad, but moved on as I felt the Android would
    be a better fit for us based on other devices we have, and based on the
    closed system that Apple is. No doubt in my mind that the iPad is probably
    a great tablet, and I've never used one. I'm not an Apple basher.
    As for the user experience, we're both having a lot of fun with our Tabs.
    The apps we use look and work just fine. We don't have a need for an office
    suite, or work related apps (although my wife does use the Excel part of the
    office app that came with the Tab).i
    A few games (solitaire and a pinball game for me, a billiards game and a golf game for her).
    Some photo editing apps, like Photoshop Touch and a few others.
    We can manage files easily, copy to and from our computers over wifi, as well
    as print from the Tab to our older USB connected printers, also over wifi (VERY cool).
    As for the availabilty of tablet optimized apps, I'd say give it time. The iPad
    has been around longer. There are plenty of apps now, just depends on what
    a user needs. And it's up to the developers to write the apps. Any lack of apps optimized
    for tablets is not a fault with the Android platform.
    For us, the Tab fits our needs just fine.
    Google could do a better job @ encouraging higher quality tablet apps.
    06-27-2012 07:12 AM
    I have a friend who has decided to get the iphone as her first smartphone She is also with Verizon. I don't understand why someone would want a 3G phone on a 4G network. She has decided to hold off until the new plans are in place because she said it is the best way for her to go. I suggested she wait till the new iphone comes out then since she has waited this long. I certainly wouldn't want a 3G. She is in a 4G area but its her choice.
    And her money. She too thinks apple is the best but she doesn't have Mac. She has PC. She loved my Samsung tablet but she changed her mind. I hope she will be happy with it.
    06-27-2012 01:59 PM
    If you can point me to tablet specific apps I'd appreciate it. Zite & flipboard look far superior on my iPad than they do on the galaxy tab. They aren't tablet optimized.
    It all depends on what apps you are using.
    I agree that there are apps on the iPad that work and look better than Android, but the same holds true for some Android apps being better than those for the iPad.
    BestBuy and Instagram are two apps in particular that operate better on my SGT 10.1 than they do on my iPad. They only have an iPhone version of Instagram, and I have to put it in 2x mode. It doesn't look as nice in 2X mode, and scrolling isn't as smooth as it is on my SGT 10.1
    Dropbox is another app I enjoy using. The one for Android has far more features than the one for the iPad.
    There are, however, apps that are better on iOS.
    The iPad and SGT 10.1 are both very good tablets, and are a joy to use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    06-27-2012 08:09 PM
    Download tablified app market to use as a reference to find apps that are tablet specific. It really comes in handy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    06-27-2012 09:37 PM
    Just sold my galaxy tab 10.1, which I've had since August (Bought at Staples when it was being offered for $399) for $300.00. I loved the tablet but became frustrated at media video. The video maker was horrible, compared to a video that was shot on an ipad 2. I tried to duplicate the same thing at my son's birth...... couldn't do it. My friend shot an amazing video/presentation on his ipad. Also... and I know this wasn't a big deal for many users in the forum. Samsung Media Hub has not updated their servers in months. So currently the top movie I can purchase/rent is Footloose..... while on the ipad I can purchase the new Mission Impossible movie. (I actually purchased the whole Bourne trilogy... it plays on my Galaxy S2... but won't play on the tab 10.1).

I've NEVER been an apple fan. But from what I see... the device just works... out the box.
    Hope it treats you good. I mean u can't compare the iPad 3 to the old gtab.
    But I would have tried the new transformer before I jumped ships .
    06-27-2012 09:49 PM
    It has treated me very well. I've since upgraded to the 64GB 4G LTE ipad..... and use it daily. I tried to buy a Kindle fire for my wife, but she refused it.. and I got her the 3G one... and she loves it.

I actually came back to this thread because I was trying to get a sense of how much the 10.1's would start selling for on craigslist now that they are banned in the US. I'd buy one for $150 - $200... I was never totally against the device.

The ipad.... honestly... just works. The apps... really work. Google plus, Google Voice.... and even instagram. Iphoto....has been great for editing photos and imovies also.

No force closing... no error messages...

I do miss one thing. I wish I could have my itunes collection stream from icloud (similar to google music)
    06-27-2012 10:32 PM
    It has treated me very well. I've since upgraded to the 64GB 4G LTE ipad..... and use it daily. I tried to buy a Kindle fire for my wife, but she refused it.. and I got her the 3G one... and she loves it.

I actually came back to this thread because I was trying to get a sense of how much the 10.1's would start selling for on craigslist now that they are banned in the US. I'd buy one for $150 - $200... I was never totally against the device.

The ipad.... honestly... just works. The apps... really work. Google plus, Google Voice.... and even instagram. Iphoto....has been great for editing photos and imovies also.

I do miss one thing. I wish I could have my itunes collection stream from icloud (similar to google music)
    You can use Google music in the browser.

Since my library is already there because I use android phones, I play music on the iPad using it all the time.

cdf3 likes this.
    06-27-2012 11:57 PM
    With all the newly released Google Apps for iPad, I'm thinking now is the time.

The BS with having the Tab still be an unsupported device for hulu+ despite finally being installable has me more frustrated than ever.
    06-28-2012 02:50 PM
    PS... would someone PLEASE get around to writing a decent sports scoreboard app for Android Tablets!?!? Having used ESPN ScoreCentre HD at the apple store has me pining for one more than ever.
    06-28-2012 02:52 PM
    PS... would someone PLEASE get around to writing a decent sports scoreboard app for Android Tablets!?!? Having used ESPN ScoreCentre HD at the apple store has me pining for one more than ever.
    I have ESPN ScoreCenter on my Tab and it works fine. It's landscape only but it looks great. No need to stretch or anything.
    06-28-2012 05:21 PM
    With all the newly released Google Apps for iPad, I'm thinking now is the time.

The BS with having the Tab still be an unsupported device for hulu+ despite finally being installable has me more frustrated than ever.
    No offense but Hulu sucks. I hate the constant ads. Netflix and Amazon Prime are much much better.
    06-28-2012 05:23 PM
    No offense but Hulu sucks. I hate the constant ads. Netflix and Amazon Prime are much much better.
    The ads are short & quick. Not like normal tv ads. It's still cheaper than cable & it has a ton of content. I think it's worth the $7.99. I don't mind few ads if they keep the price that low.
    06-28-2012 06:24 PM

There is a google music app for ios. Works great.
    AldousSnow likes this.
    06-28-2012 06:27 PM
    Freedom of speech.....and to illicit your response.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    So you're a troll.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    06-28-2012 07:21 PM
    Lol @ paying for tv.

06-28-2012 07:25 PM
    There is a google music app for ios. Works great.
    Thanks... don't know how I missed this!!!

Also... the new Google Chrome Browser for IOS is really.... REALLY nice.
    06-28-2012 09:06 PM
    Google could do a better job @ encouraging higher quality tablet apps.
    I agree here. But unfortunately with the release of the 7" Nexus for $199.... I think this is really going to hurt the 10" high end market. I can't imagine how difficult it will be to place a 7 inch Nexus next to a $499 Galaxy Note and try to convince the customer that the could either pick up a 200 Nexus... or a 500 tablet (that is similar to the 500 ipad).
    06-28-2012 09:11 PM
    So you're a troll.

Actually read what he was responding to.

06-28-2012 11:00 PM
    Thanks... don't know how I missed this!!!

Also... the new Google Chrome Browser for IOS is really.... REALLY nice.
    No Problem.

& Yes, chrome is awesome. Having it on the iPad finally is a nice change. Having everything sync'd across devices now is a little easier.
    06-29-2012 03:08 AM
    I have my SGT 10.1 since it came out in June 2011. But I've been extremely disappointed by lack of tablet optimized apps compared to Ipad optimized apps. That's why Ipad is the market leader in tablets and will be for a long time.
    It is completely up to the developers if they want to release tablet-optimized versions of their apps or not. Google does not mandate either way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    07-11-2012 11:56 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD