Sold my tab... buying an ipad.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just sold my galaxy tab 10.1, which I've had since August (Bought at Staples when it was being offered for $399) for $300.00. I loved the tablet but became frustrated at media video. The video maker was horrible, compared to a video that was shot on an ipad 2. I tried to duplicate the same thing at my son's birth...... couldn't do it. My friend shot an amazing video/presentation on his ipad. Also... and I know this wasn't a big deal for many users in the forum. Samsung Media Hub has not updated their servers in months. So currently the top movie I can purchase/rent is Footloose..... while on the ipad I can purchase the new Mission Impossible movie. (I actually purchased the whole Bourne trilogy... it plays on my Galaxy S2... but won't play on the tab 10.1).

I've NEVER been an apple fan. But from what I see... the device just works... out the box.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'd agree that the iPad is suited for a lot of people right out of the box. Especially with the refinement most of the apps it ships with offers.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
The iPad is not the end all be all, despite what Apple tries to brainwash everyone into thinking. Samsung Media Hub? Is there some reason you didn't rent/purchase movies from Google Play (formerly known as the Android Market) like everyone else? And it's a tablet-if you want to make videos, buy a camcorder. Hope you enjoy the Apple Kool-Aid. Your loss will be someone else's gain.My tablet just works too-and did right out of the box. It's been problem free, and it's a actual tablet computer, not a giant iPod Touch like the iPad. :)

Reactions: cjones and Jude526

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I enjoyed my tab for almost 10 months. It was only when I saw the video editing at a wedding and how it was used to make a montage of my son that I knew there was something different about the ipad. He shot the videos... edited within 30 minutes.... and loaded it to share on social media sites. I tried making/editing videos on the tablet.... didn't compare (It's a pain trimming music for the video). I'm not knocking the galaxy... I used it daily. I've been using the ipad 3 for 2 days now.... and since this is an android forum I won't even bother with a review (ok.. one word..... WOW!).

The reason I used samsung media hub, was at the time of purchase, samsung was giving out $20.00 media vouchers. I had about $60.00 worth of credit. I purchased the Bourne Trilogy and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Long story short... I'm not against the galaxy tab..... but right now I am really enjoying the ipad (and the ABC player app..... only for ipad).

importinvasion

May 8, 2012
Visit site
You know what, i actually registered on this forum to comment on this thread. WOW! You actually sold a tablet that can basically act as a pc replacement for a mega sized ipod touch! To each thier own, but i think Apple is way to controlling in how they deal with thier clientel, not to mention they screen all the apps that make it to the market. Are you serious? If microsoft did that to thier customers I guarantee they wouldnt have the sales they have had. Ive used windows for years, then linux, even tried all the icrap out there, and im sorry but none compare to the little green man. Of course, this is just my opinion, take it for what its worth. :cool:

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If you want refined polish strait from the box, iPad...no doubt. If you can work it a little, the tab isn't awefull, it is no iPad, but can do a lot of the stuff to a close degree.

himmatsj

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Yea I agree that the iPad and Tab both have their plusses and minusses. The iPad for one has a super smooth non-laggy interface, whilst Android allows greater degree of customization/3rd party apps.

My primary Tablet is a Tab, but my dad has an iPad 2. So I'm speaking from experience.

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I wanna see if this is true, I've never tried to record and make a movie from my 10.1 but I would think that the quality would be better then the ipad2(camera specs are better then ipad2).

brucesmays

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I too am trying to sell my tab 10.1. I got an original ipad when they came out, and just got a new ipad a few weeks ago. I need the 64 gigs, which the tab doesnt offer

windiddy

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I have my SGT 10.1 since it came out in June 2011. But I've been extremely disappointed by lack of tablet optimized apps compared to Ipad optimized apps. That's why Ipad is the market leader in tablets and will be for a long time.

ducatti20

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I think the apple products are well engineered and designed, they are great for people who want a open the box and turn it on function. That being said, there isn't 1 in my entire family.... Including siblings and parents. There used to be ipods, but once the owners discovered the evil that is itunes they quickly moved on to other options. I thought about getting an ipad instead of the 10.1, but reading a lot of reviews changed my mind. Too many restrictions on mac products for my liking.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance