...when do you guys think we will see an update to ICS? I still refuse to root...I just don't want to. So I am anxiously (but not psychotically) waiting to get the update that will hopefully fix some of the lag issues and buggy OS of 3.2.

Has anyone here heard of a realistic date to get the OTA update to ICS?

Also, how many of you will be upgrading (or lateral-grading) to the Tab 2?

Thanks.
    05-29-2012 12:52 PM
    I got no date but i guess end of Q2 / beginning of Q3 in europe...

Sure, ICS would be nice. However, i can wait. I bought my GTab as seen - seen with HC.
    05-29-2012 02:09 PM
    Samsung shouldn't sell a tab with a promise of getting I cs by the end of last year and not following through.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
    05-29-2012 08:01 PM
    ICS wasn't publicy available at the end of last year. Nor did the Nexus see the update until early this year...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    05-30-2012 01:34 AM
    ...when do you guys think we will see an update to ICS? I still refuse to root...I just don't want to. So I am anxiously (but not psychotically) waiting to get the update that will hopefully fix some of the lag issues and buggy OS of 3.2.

Has anyone here heard of a realistic date to get the OTA update to ICS?

Also, how many of you will be upgrading (or lateral-grading) to the Tab 2?

Thanks.
    I have already rooted and installed ICS on mine (CM9), but to be honest, while there are some great features, it's certainly not without bugs itself, especially since there still is no ICS kernel source for this tab. If you're the adventurous type, the ICS ROMs are worth checking out, but I certainly wouldn't consider it necessary.

Trust me, even those of us already running ICS are anxiously awaiting an "official" version.

Absolutely no reason to switch to the Tab 2...it's NOT an upgrade, and frankly, I'm quite happy with the one I have now.
    Jude526 likes this.
    05-30-2012 12:37 PM
    Somewhere between 4 months from now and never. I'm not convinced we'll ever get it.
    05-30-2012 03:46 PM
    I have already rooted and installed ICS on mine (CM9), but to be honest, while there are some great features, it's certainly not without bugs itself, especially since there still is no ICS kernel source for this tab. If you're the adventurous type, the ICS ROMs are worth checking out, but I certainly wouldn't consider it necessary.

Trust me, even those of us already running ICS are anxiously awaiting an "official" version.

Absolutely no reason to switch to the Tab 2...it's NOT an upgrade, and frankly, I'm quite happy with the one I have now.
    With your comment about no official kernel...how is there no official kernel when the tab 2 has ICS? I am not a dev and will never be one...but how can they not take that one and use it in the OG Tab10.1?
    05-30-2012 06:11 PM
    It's already been announced here in Canada, but I'm rooted and don't really care as many apps don't work with ICS yet. The 3.2 ROM I use is super fast & stable.
    05-30-2012 10:50 PM
    Using a CM9 preview on my Tab 10.1 now, ICS is a major performance increase. =)
    06-03-2012 02:23 PM
    I also don't think the new tab2 is an upgrade from my tab 10.1 I love this thing and am glad I have it and not have to worry that I won't be able to get it with all the ruckus from Apple. I can't like Apple products. They think they have to have it all and they don't.
    Those who don't want customization and just want limits on what they can do will be happy with Apple. As for me......no thanks. Android, Samsung Tab and my HTC Thunderbolt.....that's all good for me.
    07-02-2012 03:56 PM
    With your comment about no official kernel...how is there no official kernel when the tab 2 has ICS? I am not a dev and will never be one...but how can they not take that one and use it in the OG Tab10.1?
    Sorry so late to reply, but essentially because the Tab 2 and Tab 1 are different hardware specs.

Think of it like drivers on your PC... Just because you own a "Dell" doesn't mean you can buy a different model Dell laptop and slap the same image with same hardware drivers on it, because the internal parts are different.
    07-02-2012 04:40 PM
    Hope we get it soon.
    Had a chance to play around with the SGT 10.2.
    Everything seems so much faster.
    Especially the task bar, and how quickly everything loads.
    07-02-2012 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD