Having Wireless Issues after ICS

kayropr

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a Linksys E2500 router and never had problems connecting to my network using the Galaxy Tab before updating to ICS. Before ICS my Tab would connect to the 5GHz network now it can't find the SSID for that network. It can only see the 2.4GHz network. My HTC Evo is connected using the N radio so I know is not my router. Has anyone out there with an N router notice this problem? Is your Tab still connecting using the N radio frequency or is it using the G radio frequency?

danop

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the same router with the same issue after ics update.......changed ch for access on 5Ghz and it now works, who know's why????

Reactions: kayropr

sretab10.1

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue after ICS. No 5ghz wifi on Netgear WNDR3700 router secured with WPA2-PSK. 2.4 worked fine. I found that, as suggested, the channel on my ROUTER has to be 48 or below before it works again. This does not reflect well on ICS if it won't pick up 5ghz in places where the channel is higher. My router has 36, 40, 44, 48, 149, 153, 157, 163. Don't you think I should still be able to use them all after an "upgrade"?

Jacksmyname

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that, for some unknown reason, the 5Ghz band is not enabled in ICS. From what I've read,
that band isn't available in GB, but why it's not enabled in the US version of ICS no one knows.
There's a file that can be edited which will enable the band, but your tab must be rooted to edit the file.
Here's how:
Navigate to folder labeled "etc.", then to folder labeled "wifi".
In that folder, open the file labeled "nvram_net.txt"
Scroll to the entry that reads "ccode"
You'll see it reads "ccode=GB
Edit it to read "ccode=ALL" no quotation marks
Save the change.
Your tab should now connect to the 5Ghz band.
Be carefull when doing anything involving root!
I'm sure I don't have to emphasize that you can screw up your device when making changes.
I take no responsabiliy if you brick your tab.
If you follow what I've posted here

Last edited:

Jacksmyname

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
To continue my previous post....
If you carefully follow my instructions, you'll be fine, and the 5Ghz band should now be enabled.
If your tab isn't rooted, and you want to do it, I have the correct files.
The hardest part about rooting is making sure you have the right files.
For the Galaxy Tab 7510, US, WIFI only, the files are:
CWM 5.5.0.4, and SuperSU.
These are the files I used, and my tab runs great.
Send me a PM and I'll send the links to my Dropbox.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae