Youtube app slowness with ICS

impostor71

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I recently got ICS OTA over the weekend. The install went fine without doing a reset to factory. But now, my Youtube app is giving me problems. The video frame rate would slow down, and pauses for a split second randomly. This has happened with every video I watched since ICS. Everything was smooth under Honeycomb. I've tried rebooting my GT10.1, updating the app, killing off all other apps, clearing memory, etc... Nothing is helping. Have you folks seen this behavior? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Tom

Jacksmyname

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I recently got ICS OTA over the weekend. The install went fine without doing a reset to factory. But now, my Youtube app is giving me problems. The video frame rate would slow down, and pauses for a split second randomly. This has happened with every video I watched since ICS. Everything was smooth under Honeycomb. I've tried rebooting my GT10.1, updating the app, killing off all other apps, clearing memory, etc... Nothing is helping. Have you folks seen this behavior? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Tom

Hi Tom.
YouTube seems to be working fine here.
Just checked a couple of HD videos and they played fine.
Also, I use an Apple Airport Express for my WAP (my home network is
hard wired). The Express doesn't have the range or speed that a good wireless
router has, but it's working fine even with YouTube and browser videos.
Maybe a setting somewhere on your router? Maybe reboot your router?
These are just guesses as I know next to nothing about wireless.

Reidlos

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I too have been running into this issue post ICS update, I am sure its not a network issue. it doesnt seem to be 100% either, but it happens enough to notice. I would like to see if anyone has further insight

impostor71

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I factory reset my GT last nite. Immediately after the reset, YT app ran smoothly. After I updated the factory apps and downloaded my apps (FB, Weatherbug, theChive, Tapatalk), YT started stuttering, dropping frames again. I'm going to factory reset again tonite and only update the apps that is packaged with ICS.