"Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped." What does this mean?

Shnjeev Sharma

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. I can't use thje cm, can't open the music files and gallery. I tried clearing th media storage but it didn't work. Please help...

My samsung galaxy s3 always show massage unfortunately, the process stoped .acore has stoped .plz help me

Last edited by a moderator:

marioaj

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
This video worked for me on the first way (clear data for media storage - which doesn't erase any files :) )

So, you go to Settings - Application Manager - All - scroll down to Media Storage, click on it, and then click on 'Clear data', and done!

Paul Quito

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I am getting the same error and also ""Unfortunately, the process android.process.core has stopped" I cant even do anything with the phone because it would just pop up and out constantly. I cant connect o my recovery mode also, it gives me a RED exclamation point and also a message "No Command" - I dont know what to do, please help. My phone is rooted and running a custom rom. This happened when I installed a new rom.

sdoobaree

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
'Unfortunately, Super-HD player has stopped'. This message has appeared on my Galaxy TAB3, model:GT-P6100. What to do? Please help, thanks.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
It's an error message it's when that program crashes get a log cat and see what's going on most likely the dev never updated the api go to the play store and make sure your Google play services are up to date and the app isn't too out of date

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Muhammad Sahat

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Hye..i got same problem wth it..i unmount the sd card & then i clear media storage data..& then i try open gallery & camera..media scanner running & it take to long for scan..until now.still scan.scan.scan..help me fix it pls..i use samsung note 1..tq

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hye..i got same problem wth it..i unmount the sd card & then i clear media storage data..& then i try open gallery & camera..media scanner running & it take to long for scan..until now.still scan.scan.scan..help me fix it pls..i use samsung note 1..tq

Depending on the size of your picture files it might take a while compared to a person that has maybe 20 pictures and you have say 500?? Let it run and import them it also helps to know exactly where they are located I re omend a file explorer if the mexia scanners looking in the wrong place it wont work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

vnessakiwi21

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
i got a thomson 7" touch screen tablet pc 8gb android for my daughters xmas prezzy and im getting this error message also but it has stopped all my apps including my settings so i can,t get in and factory restore it. does anyone have this type of tablet thinkn i bort a dud one also needed a new charger as it was'nt charging, then it died on us for bout a week and now its showing this sign and every time i click settings it says unfortunately settings has stopped can it be saved sos :(

Tigrisan

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Never heard of Thompson but if it was around the $50 price point, there's a thread here somewhere about the fact that none of them work right. Their Android system is not complete and you'll not be able to use it the way you would a nexus or Samsung or one of the other true android tablets.

angela fields

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Well I tried scanning SD card and all checked out OK. I reformatted SD card and was going to mount it to tablet when the dAft
thing froze. I reset tablet and now everything works fine, even programs that weren't working are now working, even my aldokio book reader. So my suggestion would be if all else fails, reset your tablet.

Ryan Halliday

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
There is a such an easier way then factory reset, all you do is go to settings>storage then make sure "enable media scanning on SD/USB" are both turned off...