Beeping after upgrade

razoo

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
My wife's SCH-1905 received an upgrade through Samsung to the latest level and now it has a constant beep about every 10 seconds. It is a Verizon Tab but we mostly use our wireless, not a hot spot. Has anyone else ever heard of this? Samsung says to do a master reset but will not help in how I do that. How can I save all the pics, documents, etc.? I do not see a sd card or anything. Needless to say we are amatuers at this and could use some very precise help on getting this issue resolved. Thanks in advance fo your help.

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Backup your docs and photos to something like Google Drive or Dropbox or simply attached your Tab to a PC using the USB cable and navigate to the documents and pictures then copy them to your PC. Another alternative is to download the paid version of Titanium Backup from Google Play and backup your tab using that, it will save all your apps and associated settings as well.

You can then do a factory reset, instructions for which can be found here

razoo

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I just do not understand the Google drive or dropbox. Is that an app? Won't that be eliminated when it gets re booted? Also, how do I connect a cable to the tab? I do not see any place to attach a cable to it. Maybe I am missing something.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I just do not understand the Google drive or dropbox. Is that an app? Won't that be eliminated when it gets re booted? Also, how do I connect a cable to the tab? I do not see any place to attach a cable to it. Maybe I am missing something.

Google Drive and Dropbox are "cloud" storage services. They are great to store all of your documents, pics and the such. I also use one called "Box"... They all offer different amounts of online storage amounts for free. And they are a great way to save storage space on your device's. Also, they make it real easy to share content like pictures and documents between devices and people.

You'll need to sign up for there services using your email. But once you have them setup and you upload all of your content it is saved in the "cloud" or online and will be safe when you do a hard reset or factory reset. All you would have to do is after you do a hard reset and (hopefully) fix your issue is to just re download and install what ever app for the service you decided to use, sign in to the app and you'll have access to all of your content. You don't even have to download it again if you don't want to.

As for your question about connecting your Tab to your computer... That's easy. Just remove the cord from the power converter and you'll see that it's a USB, just plug that into a USB slot on your computer. You should get a pop up on your computer like you would when you plug in a jump drive. From there its just the same... Navigate to your USB folder and copy everything to you computer.

Hope this can clear something's up for ya m8.

Sent From My GalaxyClass StarShip 10.1/4.1.1(jb)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad