Samsung Link

izstra

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I just got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and am setting it up. I chose this tablet because I like my Galaxy S3 phone and thought sticking with Samsung and using Samsung Link would be sensible, Except Samsung Link is nowhere to be found. A google search finds comments saying it is incompatible. Can this be true? It would make the following statement tantamount to deception:

* AllShare Play is now Samsung Link. Once AllShare Play is updated the logo and service name will change to Samsung Link. Continue to log-in with your Samsung Account to access your pictures, videos, and documents previously stored on AllShare Play.
Share & Play Content across Smart Devices, Anytime Anywhere
Samsung Link enables users to access & play content saved on other devices over a wireless access point as well as over the internet.

It should read "Share & Play Content across someSmart Devices, Anytime Anywhere" or "Share & Play Content across Smart Devices, Anytime Anywhere except our own tablets if Samsung Link is really incompatible - am I missing something? I guess Smart Switch, S Beam and all such things are also not to be found but Link I was really expecting.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, so what is it you want to do exactly? Samsung Link, on newer devices, is 'embedded' into the system, meaning you don't need any new apps to make it work. There is the AllShare switch or it can be found in the "Share" menu.

izstra

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for replying. I just wanted to register it as a new device on Samsung link, so that, like my phone, secondary PC, storage device, all media files are accessible in all devices all the time. I also like the ease of handling all the devices on link.samsung.com and having the one click app on portable devices. I am pretty new to android (as may be apparent!) but it seems that it is newer devices are listed as being supported devices, here:

http://content.samsung.com/uk/contents/aboutn/samsungLinkIntro.do

Last edited: