Samsung Galaxy Tab10.1 Killed and Reborn As World?s Thinnest Tablet with 8.9-Inch

brock1

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Joining the original 7-inch Tab, Samsung's today added an 8.9-inch Galaxy Tab and a slimmed-down 10.1-inch model that's been radically altered since wefirst saw it last month at MWC. And you know what? Both are thinner than the iPad 2.
The 10.1-inch tablet was sent off to fat camp between its initial announcement over a month ago and today, debuting a slimmer profile. It and the new 8.9-inch Tab are just a hair thinner than the iPad 2 at 8.6mm thick, which Samsung says makes them the thinnest tablets in the world. The 10.1-inch Tab manages to be lighter than the iPad 2 as well, by exactly 5 grams. Unfortunately, the price of immaterialism is that the rear camera has also been winnowed down, from 8MP to 3MP. It's still really impressive that Samsung managed to redesign and rebuild a thinner, lighter product in basically a month. (So much forbeing "inadequate"!)
On sale on June 8th, the 10.1-inch Wi-Fi model will cost $499 for the 16GB version, and $599 for the 32GB one, precisely matching iPad 2 pricing. The smaller 8.9-inch Wi-Fi model will cost $469 for the 16GB one, and $569 for the 32GB one, when it goes on sale in "early summer." Both tablets will run Android 3.0 Honeycomb, but with Samsung's latest version of TouchWiz slicked on top?hopefully it's gotten better. - Gizmodo
4-15.jpg

kagenish

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
can't wait to see the final product i'll be getting the 10.1 to bad they put a 3MP camera and not a 5MP that would have put it perfectly next to the IPAD2, i'm still getting it looks awesome.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
can't wait to see the final product i'll be getting the 10.1 to bad they put a 3MP camera and not a 5MP that would have put it perfectly next to the IPAD2, i'm still getting it looks awesome.

The camera on the iPad is rated at less than 1 megapixel... So the 3MP on the Tab should be more than sufficient