05-18-2011 01:24 PM
36 12
tools
    Whether it says it or not, there is definitely no micro SD slot on the thing. This is the wi-fi only version, so maybe the carrier ones will have it. That is a bit odd though.
    The existence of an SD slot is confusing. Some specs don't mention it. But some do (SamsungMobilePress)
    http://www.samsungmobilepress.com/20...Mobile-Tablets

This spec page mentions the SD card slot (Memory section) and also states "up to 32GB".
    05-11-2011 05:23 PM
    I think you guys are confusing this limited galaxy 10.1 with the ones that will be released in a month. The consumer 10.1 and 8.9 will both have micro sd slots
    05-11-2011 09:31 PM
    I've decided I'm going to return my XOOM to Costco (love that 90-days return policy) and buy the 10.1 from there in June. I just hope they release carrier models at the same time. I'll buy the wifi only version if it's the only one available, but I'd loooove a Verizon LTE model...doubtful, though.
    same here got the xoom to give honeycomb and a tablet a testrun in anticipations of the 10.1 coming out well within the 90 day...thank you costco
    05-11-2011 09:38 PM
    I think you guys are confusing this limited galaxy 10.1 with the ones that will be released in a month. The consumer 10.1 and 8.9 will both have micro sd slots
    I hope this is the case. I can deal with the proprietary cable (much as I'd prefer to have a dedicated HDMI port) but not having microSD is not cool.
    05-11-2011 09:55 PM
    Where does it say that the 10.1 tab have micro SD and hdmi. Where?
    05-11-2011 09:58 PM
    This is a special edition device the consumer device will have a SD card but no hdmi port. There's supposed to be a little adapter for that?
    05-12-2011 04:51 AM
    I hope you're right. I've been holding off for this tab for quite some time and an SD slot will make it just about perfect.

This is a special edition device the consumer device will have a SD card but no hdmi port. There's supposed to be a little adapter for that?
    05-12-2011 09:03 PM
    Ahhhhhhhhh I want it!
    05-12-2011 09:11 PM
    Nevermind. It turns out that you have to download the Android File Transfer application for Mac to transfer files to Android 3.0 plus devices. You can find it at Android.com.

Hope that helps someone else having the same problem I was.
    Same problem here, and I ran across the Android File Transfer tool in another thread. But sadly, installed it on two different Macs (MBP and fairly recent MacBook Air) and neither recognizes the tablet. Just get a dialog saying

No Android device found
    Please connect your Android device with a USB cable to get started

Windows does recognize the tablet. Any ideas?
    05-13-2011 01:24 PM
    This 10.1 is just plain sick! It is my 5th Tablet, added to my stable. Only one other comes close (a name we won't mention) This is a keeper! All others, are for sale. I called (begged) Scosche on the phone today. Looking for a date, on some protection. They said: "It's not on our radar right now" Arggg...
    05-17-2011 06:05 PM
    Nevermind. It turns out that you have to download the Android File Transfer application for Mac to transfer files to Android 3.0 plus devices. You can find it at Android.com.

Hope that helps someone else having the same problem I was.
    An update: turns out I wasn't able to connect to the tablet from my Mac using the Android File Transfer application. I read on Engadget that the ATF hasn't been updated with the Galaxy Tab 10.1 drivers yet, since it's still an officially unreleased device. Hopefully, an update to the app will come soon.
    In the meantime, I hear it's easier to mount the tab in Windows 7.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk
    05-18-2011 01:24 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD