Google I/O Galaxy Tab 10.1

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's way lighter than the xoom. Feels natural in your hand where the xoom is like a thick first gen iPad.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
A micro-sd slot is listed on the spec sheet at the Samsung site. It should be there.

Whether it says it or not, there is definitely no micro SD slot on the thing. This is the wi-fi only version, so maybe the carrier ones will have it. That is a bit odd though.

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Whether it says it or not, there is definitely no micro SD slot on the thing. This is the wi-fi only version, so maybe the carrier ones will have it. That is a bit odd though.

I have watched a bunch of videos on u tube and I'm pretty sure I have seen one ... I guess we all wait with baited breath

~~life is just evoliscious!~~

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have watched a bunch of videos on u tube and I'm pretty sure I have seen one ... I guess we all wait with baited breath

I'm betting you've seen the speaker grills. I thought one was a slot at first. Exactly the right size, but screen mesh inside and identical on both sides. The Samsung specs for this specific model call out no external storage. Go to developer.samsung.com/googleio and check the chart.

silvra7

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
one of the videos from a few weeks back did show a micro SD card door. I have to say, seeing this limited addition if that's what we're going to get, I think Apple has plenty of justification with their suite against Samsung. Proprietary port that even goes into a modular plug, no hdmi or micro sd. Looks like the Asus Transformer is still on top, if only they'd fix their supply issues. Maybe HTC will bring more promising results to the table thought he rumors have it going to T-Mobile I believe.

Eisodos Zao

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have to give props to Samsung on this one, as they look like they're actually taking the tablet market seriously and are willing to play ball.

As to the MicroSD issue, I thought I heard somewhere that the slot is stacked on the SIM slot, which might make sense if there is no slot on the WiFi only version...

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have to say, seeing this limited addition if that's what we're going to get, I think Apple has plenty of justification with their suite against Samsung. Proprietary port that even goes into a modular plug, no hdmi or micro sd. Looks like the Asus Transformer is still on top, if only they'd fix their supply issues. Maybe HTC will bring more promising results to the table thought he rumors have it going to T-Mobile I believe.

Based on the HTC Flyer at the show, they aren't a contender for top tier tablet. The Flyer is nifty for the stylus, but that's about it. The Tab 10.1 is an awesome device. I have a Xoom and this thing runs circles around it for size and weight. This is the tablet that should have launched Honeycomb. (Sorry Motorola.) As for leaving off the sd card and using a proprietary connector, get over it. Lots of devices do both those things. Its only recently things started standardizing on micro USB. The Xoom has a separate charging port which is a pain. Yes its a Samsung cable, but it does terminate in USB so you can plug it into a computer without issue. As for Apple having "plenty of justification", let's just say I'm not a fan of fruitless (pun intended) lawsuits. Apple is trying to muscle Android's suppliers out of the mix and they need to sit down and let the market play out. They're in the lead and I don't see that changing anytime soon so why be jerks this early in the game? The Tab we got doesn't have that terrible interface that looks sort of like an iPad. It has a Honeycomb interface just like the Xoom. There is no grounds for that lawsuit to even be brought into light on this model of the Tab. I can't say that will be true for the final production units, but right now that is the case.

Let me state for the record that I swore off Samsung devices after their Android updating debacles, but this thing has brought them back to my mental playing field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech