05-18-2011 01:24 PM
36 12
tools
    Love the Android embossing on the back.
    05-10-2011 02:11 PM
    lucky it looks awesome you should post a video of the tab
    05-10-2011 02:34 PM
    Now the waiting game until I can pick one of these up.
    05-10-2011 02:35 PM
    Now the waiting game until I can pick one of these up.
    same here can't wait
    05-10-2011 03:25 PM
    Engadget has a good covering of the I/O Limited Edition.

I want one.

Now.

Please?
    05-10-2011 03:49 PM
    And I want the 8.9.
    05-10-2011 04:01 PM
    Is it better than the xoom

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    05-10-2011 04:38 PM
    It's way lighter than the xoom. Feels natural in your hand where the xoom is like a thick first gen iPad.
    05-10-2011 04:52 PM
    No micro sd slot?
    05-10-2011 05:20 PM
    Now that you mention it... not that I see.
    05-10-2011 05:24 PM
    any word on price?
    05-10-2011 05:53 PM
    No micro sd slot?
    A micro-sd slot is listed on the spec sheet at the Samsung site. It should be there.
    05-10-2011 06:19 PM
    A micro-sd slot is listed on the spec sheet at the Samsung site. It should be there.
    Whether it says it or not, there is definitely no micro SD slot on the thing. This is the wi-fi only version, so maybe the carrier ones will have it. That is a bit odd though.
    05-10-2011 06:31 PM
    How's the display?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    05-10-2011 06:39 PM
    I have heard 499 16gb,WiFi only ! Can't wait to get on a preorder list !

~~life is just evoliscious!~~
    05-10-2011 06:49 PM
    Whether it says it or not, there is definitely no micro SD slot on the thing. This is the wi-fi only version, so maybe the carrier ones will have it. That is a bit odd though.
    I have watched a bunch of videos on u tube and I'm pretty sure I have seen one ... I guess we all wait with baited breath

~~life is just evoliscious!~~
    05-10-2011 06:50 PM
    I have watched a bunch of videos on u tube and I'm pretty sure I have seen one ... I guess we all wait with baited breath
    I'm betting you've seen the speaker grills. I thought one was a slot at first. Exactly the right size, but screen mesh inside and identical on both sides. The Samsung specs for this specific model call out no external storage. Go to developer.samsung.com/googleio and check the chart.
    05-10-2011 08:23 PM
    one of the videos from a few weeks back did show a micro SD card door. I have to say, seeing this limited addition if that's what we're going to get, I think Apple has plenty of justification with their suite against Samsung. Proprietary port that even goes into a modular plug, no hdmi or micro sd. Looks like the Asus Transformer is still on top, if only they'd fix their supply issues. Maybe HTC will bring more promising results to the table thought he rumors have it going to T-Mobile I believe.
    05-10-2011 09:05 PM
    I have to give props to Samsung on this one, as they look like they're actually taking the tablet market seriously and are willing to play ball.

As to the MicroSD issue, I thought I heard somewhere that the slot is stacked on the SIM slot, which might make sense if there is no slot on the WiFi only version...
    05-10-2011 10:16 PM
    I have to say, seeing this limited addition if that's what we're going to get, I think Apple has plenty of justification with their suite against Samsung. Proprietary port that even goes into a modular plug, no hdmi or micro sd. Looks like the Asus Transformer is still on top, if only they'd fix their supply issues. Maybe HTC will bring more promising results to the table thought he rumors have it going to T-Mobile I believe.
    Based on the HTC Flyer at the show, they aren't a contender for top tier tablet. The Flyer is nifty for the stylus, but that's about it. The Tab 10.1 is an awesome device. I have a Xoom and this thing runs circles around it for size and weight. This is the tablet that should have launched Honeycomb. (Sorry Motorola.) As for leaving off the sd card and using a proprietary connector, get over it. Lots of devices do both those things. Its only recently things started standardizing on micro USB. The Xoom has a separate charging port which is a pain. Yes its a Samsung cable, but it does terminate in USB so you can plug it into a computer without issue. As for Apple having "plenty of justification", let's just say I'm not a fan of fruitless (pun intended) lawsuits. Apple is trying to muscle Android's suppliers out of the mix and they need to sit down and let the market play out. They're in the lead and I don't see that changing anytime soon so why be jerks this early in the game? The Tab we got doesn't have that terrible interface that looks sort of like an iPad. It has a Honeycomb interface just like the Xoom. There is no grounds for that lawsuit to even be brought into light on this model of the Tab. I can't say that will be true for the final production units, but right now that is the case.

Let me state for the record that I swore off Samsung devices after their Android updating debacles, but this thing has brought them back to my mental playing field.
    05-10-2011 10:21 PM
    As to the MicroSD issue, I thought I heard somewhere that the slot is stacked on the SIM slot, which might make sense if there is no slot on the WiFi only version...
    That's what Motorola did on the Xoom. (Even though it doesn't work yet!!!!) So, makes sense. I do think that is an odd feature to include on a carrier version vs. wi-fi version though.
    05-10-2011 10:30 PM
    I just got one from Google I/O myself, and I'm loving it (once I'm able to get proper wifi to use it with).

I'm having a weird problem though... I'm trying to mount it to my Macbook Pro to copy some videos over, to see how playback looks, but I can't figure out how to mount the drive on my Computer.

I plug in to the USB port on my Macbook Pro, and the "MTP Application" launches, with a picture of the USB plug, and a message saying "Connected. Press the home key to quit Samsung Keis"

No drive shows up on my Macbook Pro, and there doesn't seem to be an option in the app to mount the drive as mass storage, as my phone does.

I've heard of Keis before as a desktop app from Samsung, but I'm not familiar with it.

Does anyone know how to mount the tablet to copy folders over?

Thanks!
    05-10-2011 11:56 PM
    I just got one from Google I/O myself, and I'm loving it (once I'm able to get proper wifi to use it with).

I'm having a weird problem though... I'm trying to mount it to my Macbook Pro to copy some videos over, to see how playback looks, but I can't figure out how to mount the drive on my Computer.

I plug in to the USB port on my Macbook Pro, and the "MTP Application" launches, with a picture of the USB plug, and a message saying "Connected. Press the home key to quit Samsung Keis"

No drive shows up on my Macbook Pro, and there doesn't seem to be an option in the app to mount the drive as mass storage, as my phone does.

I've heard of Keis before as a desktop app from Samsung, but I'm not familiar with it.

Does anyone know how to mount the tablet to copy folders over?

Thanks!
    Nevermind. It turns out that you have to download the Android File Transfer application for Mac to transfer files to Android 3.0 plus devices. You can find it at Android.com.

Hope that helps someone else having the same problem I was.
    ocs likes this.
    05-11-2011 12:07 AM
    Hey guys people are already selling their special edition tabs on ebay! They are going high... Check it out here.
    05-11-2011 12:46 AM
    I've decided I'm going to return my XOOM to Costco (love that 90-days return policy) and buy the 10.1 from there in June. I just hope they release carrier models at the same time. I'll buy the wifi only version if it's the only one available, but I'd loooove a Verizon LTE model...doubtful, though.
    05-11-2011 07:56 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD