Samsun Galaxy Tab Pre-Order by Phone!

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey Everbody!!!! GREAT NEWS!

If you are as excited as me for the Samsung Galaxy tab to come out, you already know that about a week ago. the pre-order page was put up on J&R.com and then taken down.

Thanks to my impatience, I decided to call J&R up today and see when they were planning on putting the pre-order page back up, and much to my surprise they said oh no worry's you can place you pre-order over the phone right now! Apparently, they were getting so much response from the online page, they took it down and are only taking pre-orders over the phone.

After finding out this wonderful news I promptly gave my credit card and 10 minutes later I had the confirmation in hand! Ha ha all I can say is who ever said patience was a virtue?

Get them while they are hot my friends, I was # 112 of 200 16 gb version available for pre-order :)

Now comes the hard part --waiting for the shipdate! O:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Krak-a-Lakn

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
If you don't mind my asking, what is the price for the 16gb? I assume this is also the wi-fi version, correct? Did they quote you pricing on other versions?

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
The pricing I paid for 16gb is $499 + Shipping. The 32gb I believe is 599$ but I didnt need that much memory so, 16gb was fine for me. Yes this is wifi-only.

superst3ve

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up, just finished placing my order for the 32GB. Looking out for the confirmation email now

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Your so totally welcome ...I'm happy to help :)

u know I actually out this in as a tip to the android forums but they didn't put it up on the feed yet... tip fayul I suppose

~~life is just evoliscious!~~

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
SHIP DATE?

I called J&R today to see if they got any more information on the tentative shipdate of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, and its still listed as the end of June.

P.S. They are also sold-out with the pre-order, so if you managed to score one, KUDOS TO YOU!

STL 314

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I called J&R today to see if they got any more information on the tentative shipdate of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, and its still listed as the end of June.

P.S. They are also sold-out with the pre-order, so if you managed to score one, KUDOS TO YOU!

hmmm looks like I'll be getting it at best buy...

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
According to the press release, we who pre-ordered at J&R just got screwed. It appears that we have to wait until June 17th? Why would they give exclusivity to a single store for so long?

From Press Release:
"A limited quantity of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi edition will be available for purchase exclusively at the Best Buy Union Square store in New York City on June 8. Best Buy customers may also pre-order the Galaxy Tab 10.1 online or in-store beginning that day.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi edition will be available exclusively starting June 8 at the Best Buy Union Square location in New York City. Starting June 17, the Galaxy Tab 10.1 will be available at Best Buy online and in-store along with Fry’s Electronics, Amazon.com, Micro Center, Tiger Direct and Newegg."

Last edited:

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I mean by all means u can probably cancel ur Jr order and then go stand online at the ONE NYC STORE on the 8th... seriously by all means go ahead ...

Lol r e d I c u l o u s

~~life is just evoliscious!~~

Last edited:

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So here is J&R's reply to my inquiry about when the 10.1 will be shipping:
We have been told by the manufacturer that we can expect to have the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet in stock in late June or early July. You will receive a confirmation email with tracking information when your order ships

That means unless you want to wait an extra 3 weeks or more, you need to try to order online at BestBuy on June 8. That's what I'm going to do. If I can get it ordered at BB, I'll just cancel the order at J&R.