[How-To] rollback for 3.1 OTA -- I/O edition ONLY

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
There's three possible reasons the OTA will fail if you've hacked at your I/O Tab a little (or a lot :p )

1. You froze or uninstalled some system apps.

2. You have flashed clockworkmod recovery.

3. You installed a rooted boot image

if you're like me, you'll have to do all three steps :) But then the OTA will just work. Pershoot is working on a flashable solution.

Big thanks to CrazyCoder at XDA for telling us where the factory images can be located -- the links point to droidbasement, which is pershoot's website and 100% trustworthy.

earldriscoll

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Please Help

When I follow these instructions I get a message to press [start] on Odin3....... I do not see anything about fastboot.......any suggestions?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
This has nothing to do with ODIN.

I just repeated the steps here, with exactly the same result. Tab boots into fastboot.

How did you flash a custom recovery and/or boot image?

earldriscoll

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting there, but not quite there yet

I missed the part about volume down to select USB....I was trying to download......
Now when I am in fastboot on the tab, and I type "fastboot devices" the tab does not show up. I tried to install the driver for fastboot to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Archon810

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The tip worked like a charm - in my case, I had Pulse.apk named com.alphonso.pulse.apk for some reason. After I renamed it in Root Explorer, the update went through!

YosemiteSam37

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Now when I am in fastboot on the tab, and I type "fastboot devices" the tab does not show up. I tried to install the driver for fastboot to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I have the same problem as you. A failed upgrade to 3.1 (using clockworkmod) left the tab in a boot loop with no recovery. Now fastboot won't recognize the device. Don't know why this would be - fastboot worked prior to the upgrade attempt.

I haven't tried using Odin because I haven't found an Odin-compatible image to flash. Anyone successfully recovered with that method?

BTW, when the device is in fastboot it reports:
"Bootloader Version: unknown"
"Baseband Version: %s"
"Serial Number: <my serial number>"
"Lock State: unlocked"

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
For those who can;t get the Tab recognized by fastboot --
Make sure Tab is unplugged. Let if power down (or cycle off if looping)
boot to fastboot
THEN plug it in.

I had to wipe/start over 3 or 4 times, and had no problems getting back to fastboot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci