BestBuy said they are not shipping units out until launch date. This is a bummer. I was so hoping I would have my unit in the mail by the 17th, and not receive it the following week.
    If the stores will have them in stock on Thursday, I may just cancel my online order.
    06-12-2011 09:07 PM
    That really sucks...

I ebayed my xoom this weekend and had to ship it off. I was hoping BB would ship before Friday. I wonder if its possible to pick one up Friday morning at a local BB and then cancel my preorder online before they ship it...

I doubt it. I bet BB will ship them early as hell.

06-12-2011 09:52 PM
    Their website has estimated shipping as 06/17-06/24/2011. I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping that the online rep is incorrect. It still says In Process for my order. If the status does not change by Wednesday or Thursday, I may cancel it.
    06-12-2011 10:01 PM
    I called my local BB to see what they expected for in-store inventory on Friday but they had no clue. They could definitely see it in their product list as she asked what size/color I was looking for but there was no indication of how many they were getting. They mentioned to try back on Wed or Thursday since that is when the truck typically delivers and they might know something at that time. Seems odd that they wouldn't know how many are being delivered, if any.
    06-13-2011 12:23 PM
    are all pre-orders shipped? i placed my pre-order in store. i don't recall giving my shipping address but it was ordered using my rewardzone account (which has my address).
    06-13-2011 01:16 PM
    The other interesting thing I noticed about the Tab being sold at BB is that there was no mention of it in their weekly circular. Nothing. Not even a blurb about pre-ordering let alone something saying "available June 17th".

There was a spot for the Xoom, though. Must be trying to peddle those quick and get them out of inventory before the Tab hits.
    06-13-2011 04:17 PM
    The other interesting thing I noticed about the Tab being sold at BB is that there was no mention of it in their weekly circular. Nothing. Not even a blurb about pre-ordering let alone something saying "available June 17th".

There was a spot for the Xoom, though. Must be trying to peddle those quick and get them out of inventory before the Tab hits.
    if anything it could be on next weeks ad
    06-13-2011 04:40 PM
    Just saw a Tab ad during Hawaii Five-O tonight and it stated June 17th at Best Buy
    06-13-2011 09:38 PM
    I don't think anybody is doubting the release date and that it will be available at Best Buy, but my question is why didn't they advertise it in their weekly ad?

Must be what they call a "soft opening" in the business. In other words, they won't have enough inventory to keep up with demand and employ the game Apple has made oh so famous which drums up interest due to the lack of supply, making everyone believe "it" is the thing to have because you can't get one.
    06-13-2011 09:52 PM
    If I remember correctly, Best Buy adds are typically done months in advance! They probably didn't have a release date when the add was written.
    Cowchip likes this.
    06-14-2011 04:23 AM
    You're right. I never even thought of the wishy-washy release date by Samsung which would hamper the timing of the advertising. I should have know that as my mother works in the newspaper business and they typically have the weekly circulars well in advance of the date they actually get inserted into the papers.
    06-14-2011 07:36 AM
    Just placed my preorder for the grey 32gb at Best Buy down the street. Most of the employees had zero idea of the device or if they were pre-ordering. I spoke with the manager and he handled it. So don't let them tell you they won't take pre-orders in store, like they told me last week.
    06-14-2011 05:37 PM
    Just placed my preorder for the grey 32gb at Best Buy down the street. Most of the employees had zero idea of the device or if they were pre-ordering. I spoke with the manager and he handled it. So don't let them tell you they won't take pre-orders in store, like they told me last week.
    thanks i'll go to my local best buy later today
    06-15-2011 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD