First the WSJ article said 5.5 hrs video playback and I thought wow... what's he smokin? :|

Now Joanna has done her review with TIMN:

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 review | This is my next...

I trust Joanna totally and love her reviews. She mentions in her review there are mutiple readings out there. I wonder what the story is?

She does say that battery life on regular use, web browsing, etc seems to be on par though. Just their seem to be large discrepancies with video playback.
    06-15-2011 08:06 PM
    Could be their back end video code is crap? My only other idea would be that they scrimped on the battery, it's apparently 7000mAh which is larger than an iPad's, but if they made it out of a cheaper material, it might not perform as well as a higher quality cell.

Although, they could be using a cell designed for more cycles, at which point, it would take a couple weeks or more before it starts performing at peak efficiency... That said, it IS really confusing... :-/
    06-15-2011 08:12 PM
    Agreed, it really is confusing. I posted in the comments of TIMN, I hope Joanna can shed some light for us.
    06-15-2011 09:27 PM
    the battery life is lab certified to be 14 hours on average
    06-15-2011 09:43 PM
    I'm not worried about battery at all. Engadget ran it at 65% brightness with wifi on and it lasted 30 mins less than the iPad2.
    06-15-2011 09:54 PM
    I'm not worried about battery at all. Engadget ran it at 65% brightness with wifi on and it lasted 30 mins less than the iPad2.
    ....K. That doesn't explain why there are such large gaps, though.

And I'm not insinuating that one is reporting with bias or anything like that, its just not very often do you see gaps like these in similar tests.
    06-15-2011 09:57 PM
    That's HC for you. The way it handles background services is completely different (more open) than iOS. There are its benefits, but stability and power consumption are definitely an issue.
    06-16-2011 10:41 AM
    That's HC for you. The way it handles background services is completely different (more open) than iOS. There are its benefits, but stability and power consumption are definitely an issue.
    This could be part of it.... I guess I do not recall if there were such varying discrepancies with the other tablet reviews.
    06-16-2011 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD