It's officially available: First Impressions!

bamaboy

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Just an FYI for some on the fence, I went by my local bestbuy to see if they had them in stock, which they did. Then i asked him if they had one to play around with, not thinking they would but why not ask, and he walked to check and came back with a 16GB Metallic back. So if you are wanting to hold one before buying, I would atleast check with your local worstbuy and see what you can find.

As said before, the tablet feels great. I'm still not decided on if I want one yet or not. I feel like it solves a problem I dont really have. I own a MBP 13" and Thunderbolt, so I feel like if I'm going through the trouble to carry something around I can just as easily get my laptop, if not I have my TB.

Still thinking about it though.

corematter

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Got my tab from Amazon today. After 5 - 10 mins of inactivity, the screen turns off and I'm not able to turn it back on. Only way is to reboot it by holding down the power button for several seconds.

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I have to say I am totolly loving my new SGT10.1. Thus is gonna be a long and super fun weekend exploring :)

Sent by my Bad A$$ SGT10.1

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Just an FYI for some on the fence, I went by my local bestbuy to see if they had them in stock, which they did. Then i asked him if they had one to play around with, not thinking they would but why not ask, and he walked to check and came back with a 16GB Metallic back. So if you are wanting to hold one before buying, I would atleast check with your local worstbuy and see what you can find.

As said before, the tablet feels great. I'm still not decided on if I want one yet or not. I feel like it solves a problem I dont really have. I own a MBP 13" and Thunderbolt, so I feel like if I'm going through the trouble to carry something around I can just as easily get my laptop, if not I have my TB.

Still thinking about it though.

I was in a similar boat. I ended up selling my Evo and getting the XPRT, made a little money, still have Android, yet have my tablet.

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to force the browser to load full sites and not automatically load the mobile versions? Or is this the way some websites are coded?

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to force the browser to load full sites and not automatically load the mobile versions? Or is this the way some websites are coded?

The stock browser seems to load the full website. For other browsers, you should be able to turn off mobile view under the settings.

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Actually some sites I've stumbled upon do not load their full version.

It appears there is not an option to load full or mobile sites with the stock browser like there is with Froyo on my EVO.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Type about:debug (without HTTP://) in the address bar.
Hit the Go/Enter key on your keyboard.
Go to settings in the upper right corner of the screen.
Select Settings > Debug.
You will now see the option for UAString.
Select it & choose Desktop.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

piperp

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I am glad to see the positive feedback while at the same time a little jealous. I pre-ordered mine at my local Best Buy on the 8th but they didn't have it today when I went to pick it up after dinner. I ordered the grey 32 GB and they said they didn't receive any 32 GB today. They also didn't receive any of the accessories. Then I had them check the other stores and in the computer showed that all other stores in Western NY didn't have a 32 GB in stock. All were showing In Transit. I was hoping they'd be in tomorrow but they told me the next truck would arrive late Monday night so I might have to wait until Tuesday morning.

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been playing around with my new SGT for the past 5 hours and can't seem to put it down :)
So far it is living up to my expectations. This is also going to bea terrific gameing platform.

It does get to be a bit heavy after awhile.

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I got mine today and i have an ipad and xoom but this one blows them both away. Nothing more to say except just buy one u wont regret it

dlord369

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Another beginner HC question for a first timer. Is there a way to auto scroll back to the top of the page? On the ipad all u do is click the clock at the top of the screen and whatever ur in will go back to the top like hitting the home button on a pc.

On a side not. I LOVE THIS THING. Much better then my ipad2 and the app support isnt really as bad as everyones made it out to b IMO.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm just so amazed at his light weight this tablet is. Huge stark difference between the tab and the Xoom. It also seems to be snappier, and a hell of a lot more stable. Definitely no regrets here. :)

I love the Screen!

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Another beginner HC question for a first timer. Is there a way to auto scroll back to the top of the page? On the ipad all u do is click the clock at the top of the screen and whatever ur in will go back to the top like hitting the home button on a pc.

On a side not. I LOVE THIS THING. Much better then my ipad2 and the app support isnt really as bad as everyones made it out to b IMO.

I agree on the app support, honeycomb does a good job of scaling the phones apps and games alike. Android ingeneral does it better than iOS. I owned an iPad 2 for like 2 days and noticed how bad some things got pixelated.

BTW this screen looks freaking amazing. I held it up to my grandpas pioneer elite plasma and was blown away at how good the detail was compared to such a high end HDTV.

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been playing around with my new SGT for the past 5 hours and can't seem to put it down :)
So far it is living up to my expectations. This is also going to bea terrific gameing platform.

It does get to be a bit heavy after awhile.

I agree it does get a bit heavy after a while, but I think that's because the tablet is so smooth. It makes I hard to hold it ergonomically. I ordered a silicone skin (and pouch) for it from eBay and I think that will help the problem because it will have a little not grip ... We shall see.

All that being said I really really love my tablet. I was playing with it alll night last night! I'm even having someone root my EVO for me, which I have been hesitatnt to do, so that I can do free WiFi tethering and I can take it with me everywhere. :)

~~life is just evoliscious!~~

EternalDetroit

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I've got about 10 local Best Buy stores and yesterday only a few of the further away stores were showing stock. Today every one of them is showing stock available, so if you checked yesterday make sure to check again today.

Now, on my way to deposit a check and then pick up my new tablet. :)

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What app is the best to use for watching videos?

I transferred a couple video files but they play back very small in the middle of the screen. I understand that they were sized for a smaller display but it would be nice if they could be stretched to full screen, even if the quality is sacrificed somewhat. I have played the same videos on the iPad2 I had previously and it would give you that option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund