So I've been trying to convince my wife to let me buy the galaxy tab since before the presale.....today I finally get approval! Yay, right?! Can't find it in any nearby BB stores so I settle on buying it online and waiting till next week to get it in the mail. I'm content and feeling good, fast forward 2 hours and I get the worst email ever....it's now backordered. Guess I have to wait awhile now. Hopefully it all worked out for the rest of you!
    06-17-2011 08:02 PM
    So I've been trying to convince my wife to let me buy the galaxy tab since before the presale.....today I finally get approval! Yay, right?! Can't find it in any nearby BB stores so I settle on buying it online and waiting till next week to get it in the mail. I'm content and feeling good, fast forward 2 hours and I get the worst email ever....it's now backordered. Guess I have to wait awhile now. Hopefully it all worked out for the rest of you!
    You might want to call around to your local best buys. The store I went to must have had at least 40.

Sent from my tablet/phone...
    06-17-2011 08:12 PM
    Fry's as well
    06-17-2011 08:16 PM
    My local Best Buy's said they are getting there's tomorrow because only one store in CO has them right now according to their website and it's the 16gb silver version only.
    06-17-2011 08:20 PM
    Just a side question... Is Fry's predominant in just a certain region of the United States? Because here in Ohio, I've never heard of it, nor seen one in my travels along the East Coast.
    06-17-2011 08:24 PM
    I'm in Houston and we have a fry's here. One of the reason I was able to talk the wife into getting one is because off BB financing. Frys doesn't offer it. I'll call the stores tomorrow
    06-17-2011 08:29 PM
    My local Best Buy's said they are getting there's tomorrow because only one store in CO has them right now according to their website and it's the 16gb silver version only.
    Silver?!?!
    06-17-2011 09:06 PM
    he means metallic gray
    06-17-2011 09:12 PM
    Engadget had an article about some shipping delays. Might want to try again tomorrow.
    06-18-2011 12:29 AM
    Just a side question... Is Fry's predominant in just a certain region of the United States? Because here in Ohio, I've never heard of it, nor seen one in my travels along the East Coast.
    I think you find Fry's more along the West Coast and there are a few here in Houston, so yeah, it is. Overall, they are pretty solid electronic stores.
    06-18-2011 12:39 AM
    I think you find Fry's more along the West Coast and there are a few here in Houston, so yeah, it is. Overall, they are pretty solid electronic stores.
    Huh. Well lucky y'all, from everything I've read so far it seems that they are infinitely more competent than Best Buy.
    06-18-2011 01:03 AM
    FRYS.com

Store locations
    06-18-2011 02:42 AM
    The bestbuy where i bought mine said they got 3 cases in yesterday (whatever that means) but when i checked online today they are sold out. So perhaps these things are selling well unlike the Xoom.
    06-18-2011 11:05 AM
    Stopped in to Fry's this morning to check out the Tab in person... They had an endcap display set up, but the Tab was locked in an acrylic frame, preventing you from picking it up. Boggles my mind that two of the biggest draws to this tablet are how light it is and how thin it is, and they don't let you pick the thing up! For the average consumer that doesn't know much about the various tablets available, they will not be able to tell it's the lightest and thinnest tablet available.

Also stopped in my local BB today too, and they still don't have any on display. Checked their customer kiosk and showed they have 8 16GB metallic gray in stock, but I was in a hurry so I didn't bother asking an associate to bring one out... The wife won't let me buy one yet, so no point in going through the motions
    06-18-2011 11:10 AM
    Update: my BB has them today. Ordered and on my way to pick it up. Now just to cancel the other one.....or maybe I need two

sent from my OG EVO
    06-18-2011 11:55 AM
    sent from my OG EVO
    06-18-2011 12:47 PM
    Stopped in to Fry's this morning to check out the Tab in person... They had an endcap display set up, but the Tab was locked in an acrylic frame, preventing you from picking it up. Boggles my mind that two of the biggest draws to this tablet are how light it is and how thin it is, and they don't let you pick the thing up! For the average consumer that doesn't know much about the various tablets available, they will not be able to tell it's the lightest and thinnest tablet available.

Also stopped in my local BB today too, and they still don't have any on display. Checked their customer kiosk and showed they have 8 16GB metallic gray in stock, but I was in a hurry so I didn't bother asking an associate to bring one out... The wife won't let me buy one yet, so no point in going through the motions
    Yeah, this bummed me out, too because I was also looking at the Transformer and wanted to pick-up the Galaxy Tab. The sales rep. told me that it was their most stolen tablet....
    06-19-2011 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD