Awesome so far, but lack of apps..

NHLou

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Kind of surprised how many apps are not compatible with the Galaxy Tab 10.1.

No HBOGo, SiriusXM, Xfinity. Google Voice (which I listed in an earlier thread). I am sure there are more. Feel free to list here.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Kind of surprised how many apps are not compatible with the Galaxy Tab 10.1.

No HBOGo, SiriusXM, Xfinity. Google Voice (which I listed in an earlier thread). I am sure there are more. Feel free to list here.
Thats not a problem with the tab per se, thats because those developers havent made their apps compatible with honeycomb yet. Some of them (netflix) are actually hard coded not to support it. Maybe some others are too.i agree its frustrating, and makesme more than a little frustratedwith those companies

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure the answer is yes, but does Netflix work with the iPad2?

Because between that, HBO GO, & I even saw someone complaining that slingbox won't work, it makes Honeycomb look bad. When my Galaxy Tab gets here, I'm sure my friend with an iPad2 will mock me that I can't use those options.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

kayropr

May 13, 2010
Visit site
We just need to start bombarding developers with nice emails letting them know that we want their app to be honeycomb compatible. Unless they hear from us and they see a good number of honeycomb table sales they will not do anything. They need to see that the market is there and we are eagerly waiting.

Reactions: Stang68

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
HBO go is easy enough... Just set up a second browser like dolphin mini or dolphin HD and set it to fullscreen and set plug ins for always on. Then set HBO GO. It's HBO. Anywhere. as your homepage. Not as good as an app but it plays back well enough until we get app support.

Netflix...you can always use play on but yeah that one hurts.

When your ipad buddy gets froggy just go to youtube.com and point out that you can watch EVERY video not just the ones optimized for mobile lol.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Stick with it, even maybe get an ipad2 from Target to try it out. 90 day return policy, no restocking fee.

I went 7" Tab, to the xoom,to the ipad2, now to the transformer. The ipad wore off on me in a pretty short time. Xooms display was meh.

I think the improvements in honeycomb are already significant.

accordngs

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure the answer is yes, but does Netflix work with the iPad2?

Because between that, HBO GO, & I even saw someone complaining that slingbox won't work, it makes Honeycomb look bad. When my Galaxy Tab gets here, I'm sure my friend with an iPad2 will mock me that I can't use those options.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Just load up some flash sites then ask him to see how those look on his ipad :)

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Stick with it, even maybe get an ipad2 from Target to try it out. 90 day return policy, no restocking fee.

Be careful about that. I tried to return an iPad2 and they said they would not take back opened and used electronics. I called corporate to ask about the return policy and got the same response.

I then sold it on ebay for more than i had paid. :)

Screw Target.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Be careful about that. I tried to return an iPad2 and they said they would not take back opened and used electronics. I called corporate to ask about the return policy and got the same response.

I then sold it on ebay for more than i had paid. :)

Screw Target.

your target sucks ass then.

I had no issues returning one, 2 months later

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much, but when corporate gave me the same answer then you have to decide if you want take the $600 gamble if another store will be more accomodating. I also thought they would take the return based on what I had read but was wrong.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I've seen a huge difference in honeycomb already since when the Xoom first released. I had a 3g xoom, then a wifi xoom then a transformer. I sold my transformer about a month ago in anticipation of the 10.1 and I've been stuck with only my 7 inch galaxy tab to use (it's the head unit in my car) and man... I couldn't wait to get another honeycomb tablet. I love this 10.1 though.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I've seen a huge difference in honeycomb already since when the Xoom first released. I had a 3g xoom, then a wifi xoom then a transformer. I sold my transformer about a month ago in anticipation of the 10.1 and I've been stuck with only my 7 inch galaxy tab to use (it's the head unit in my car) and man... I couldn't wait to get another honeycomb tablet. I love this 10.1 though.

So what made you trade the transformer for the 10.1?

cwestpha

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Thats the problem with Android, either the apps dont exist or the are so many apps to chose from its hard to tell which one is right for you without trying them all (facebook and twitter anyone?). I am more upset with the lack of updated mac drivers for sync, unavailability of USB adapter yet, and some instability. I am happy 3.1 was finally released (I have the dev version), but I do have issues with apps crashing and needing to restart the tablet to get things like Gmail working after a few days.

Reactions: lou2cool88

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze