Had to exchange my 10.1 already.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
So I got my 32gb grey 10.1 yesterday and today I hate to go in and exchange for another one.

I was playing Galaxy on Fire 2 and the game froze up the whole tablet. I had to hold the power button to get the unit to power off and then it would not power back on. I held the power button forever, no dice. Tried plugging it into the wall and the computer...nothing. Let it sit for a while then tried again.. dead.

Went to best buy and luckily they had more so I just exchanged it...now I get to set it all up again yay!

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
So I got my 32gb grey 10.1 yesterday and today I hate to go in and exchange for another one.

I was playing Galaxy on Fire 2 and the game froze up the whole tablet. I had to hold the power button to get the unit to power off and then it would not power back on. I held the power button forever, no dice. Tried plugging it into the wall and the computer...nothing. Let it sit for a while then tried again.. dead.

Went to best buy and luckily they had more so I just exchanged it...now I get to set it all up again yay!

Did you try power+volume up first? I think thats the combo to force a reset if needed.... my Xoom did that a few times.

terpdog

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I had tech support level #3 on the line the other day and they told me how to force boot using the power down and volume controls, it didn't work. I'm thinking this may have to be returned.

souja67

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I had tech support level #3 on the line the other day and they told me how to force boot using the power down and volume controls, it didn't work. I'm thinking this may have to be returned.

Try this:

1. Hold down power button + volume down button for three seconds or so
2. Release the volume down button (still holding the power button)
3. Continue holding the power button for 2+ seconds then release.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Try this:

1. Hold down power button + volume down button for three seconds or so
2. Release the volume down button (still holding the power button)
3. Continue holding the power button for 2+ seconds then release.

Ok, ill bite...what is that one supposed to do? Does that boot to recovery or options?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk