USB Adapter

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
So I bought the 16GB version of the tab because of the usb adapter that is available for it. I had the 16 gig ipad, and even with my music and a movie or two, could never fill it up. I just bought a 16 gig thumb drive if I need more movies to put on my tab. Now, we all know that the usb adapter is sold out on samsung's site. My question, however, is why doesn't anyone else sell the adapter. I went to my local best buy, and they told me they'd have it next week. I'm shocked not to see any mention of it anywhere on amazon.

notfaded1

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
give it a few days

I'm sure there will be everyone and their mother selling knock offs from China as soon as they realize the market is there now.

anthonylokrn

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I just hate how the USB flash drive will be sticking so far out the bottom. Makes it quite hard to prop it up or having it slightly elevated with the bottom on the table.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I just hate how the USB flash drive will be sticking so far out the bottom. Makes it quite hard to prop it up or having it slightly elevated with the bottom on the table.

You could also turn the unit upside down and let it stick out the top.
I can't wait until they start selling them.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

anthonylokrn

May 24, 2010
Visit site
You could also turn the unit upside down and let it stick out the top.
I can't wait until they start selling them.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

True, but then you run into the problem with the headphone jack. Makes it a very inconvenience for those on long flights that need to use headphones and have a usb drive plugged in for extended media.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
True, but then you run into the problem with the headphone jack. Makes it a very inconvenience for those on long flights that need to use headphones and have a usb drive plugged in for extended media.

Yeah, you're right. Guess they didn't plan the design out all that well.

The Wave

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Maybe Samsung could make something like:

1. A Microsdhc adapter as small as possible so it doesnt stick much. A microsdhc card is only 15mm long so they should be able to make something that only sticks out 3/4 - 1 inch?

or

2. A CF/SD adapter which is shaped like a U so that the card would be flat against the underside of the tablet.

Not holding my breath - Bill

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Lol...I think a 10" tablet on any flight would be inconvenient...one of those little flyers would work though

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well im glad they at least have it. I was worried about something like this not existing.

Last edited:

ptf

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
That looks really cool! I would totally buy one, but people are saying the transfer speeds are not all that good, which is useless if you're running a movie or something off the card.

I know that there are some other small ones you might want to look at. Search on Amazon, if you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol