Screen Protectors and Cases

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Belkin this case. Its okay but Im disappointed at how much thicker it makes the tablet... It definitely looses the wonderful thinness of it. The one Samsung makes looks much thinner but also doesn't look like it will protect as much if dropped. Im definitely gonna get it though and compare once Best Buy has it.

Also with the Belkin one, you have to open the case to charge it. Its tough to get out of the case too. Guess thats good and bad though. I want to take it in and out a lot. One more complain on it.. For some reason, there is a cut out of the edge material on one side. its right where the flap is sown on. It looks like over time, its going to get loose and/or cause the stitching to come undone. But its annoying because the cut out is completely unnecessary and the other side doesn't have it...

Hey TripSixes, how does the keyboard accessory travel? The tab doesn't attach to it or anything does it? And does it seem like it needs a cover? Like would the keys pop off or anything?

Where can we buy the Samsung one? It looks very nice.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
At the moment they only have the Zagg. I really can't stand screen protectors myself but after spending 30 minutes scrubbing fingerprints off my Xoom every night I swore I'd use one on the 10.1. I might give the steinhell a crack when it comes out but even then I doubt I'll try one out again. I might get that screen wax stuff that basically makes it fingerprint resistant for a month or two at a time. It's like 20 bucks and a tube lasts like 100 applications

Also... I'm a little pissed because I paid the extra $15 to have Best Buy install the Zagg (since I suck at it) and there were 3 huge grains of dirt or dust or something that annoyed the **** out of me.. as well as one of the corners not put down fully that bunched up.

Should I stay clear from having BestBuy install the Zagg screen protector?
I'm considering it because I'm afraid I might end up with a scratch on my screen.

zoyano

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering it because I'm afraid I might end up with a scratch on my screen.

I had them install mine, since it was free with the purchase of it, and it's on there perfectly. I would say if they scratch your screen, tell them to give you another tab and put it on there properly.

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
You're in Atlanta, right? There is an InvisiShield at Perimeter Mall. Just go there and have them do it. They don't charge for the install. Everything I've seen at Best Buy is that they will charge you.

Last edited:

deeemaa

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
You're in Atlanta, right? There is an InvisiShield at Perimeter Mall. Just go there and have them do it. They don't charge for the install. Everything I've seen at Best Buy is that they will charge you.
arent those zagg/invisible shield kinda sticky for using it on a tablet?

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
arent those zagg/invisible shield kinda sticky for using it on a tablet?
I have one on my Incredible and it does sometimes have a slight rubbery feel but I don't notice it so much. I'm probably skipping the screen protector thing for the GT since I won't jsut be throwing it in my pocket with keys, etc like I do with my phone.

Them's would be some might big pockets.

piperp

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Sweet, I am looking forward to a review of these. I may consider them if it's somewhat fingerprint resistant. I see the fingerprints only when the screen is off but still drives me nuts.

I also am planning to get the Samsung leather book case since it looks so nice. I am not as concerned about impact resistance if I drop it on its side. I'm really just wanting to protect the majority of the tab when throwing it in a duffel bag or taking with me when I travel on weekend trips.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered my Book case thingy for the Tab looks really nice and thin. And I totally need something to prop my Tab up.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered my Book case thingy for the Tab looks really nice and thin. And I totally need something to prop my Tab up.

+1, especially when my 3 yr old is viewing her videos. She picks it up sometimes and scares the bejesus out of me

sent from my OG EVO

LaTuFu#AC

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
GOOGLEIO2011

This will give you 30% off. Found it on XDA.

This worked today. Used it to order the book cover case and the keyboard. If I had been willing to buy something else I could have gotten free overnight shipping. But there was nothing for less than $20 that I felt like getting, soooooo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC