Hey everyone,

Just ordered my Galaxy 10.1 (WIFI) over at Amazon. This is my first Android tablet and my first Samsung device.

I'm a pretty active member over on the Thunderbolt sub-forum, looking forward to getting some great tips, as well as passing along any thing I find along the way.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself, and ask if anyone has any "must know" tips or pointers for when my tab arrives on Wednesday?
    06-20-2011 12:30 PM
    Tip #1: Enjoy!
    06-20-2011 01:03 PM
    Hey everyone,

Just ordered my Galaxy 10.1 (WIFI) over at Amazon. This is my first Android tablet and my first Samsung device.

I'm a pretty active member over on the Thunderbolt sub-forum, looking forward to getting some great tips, as well as passing along any thing I find along the way.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself, and ask if anyone has any "must know" tips or pointers for when my tab arrives on Wednesday?
    It seems that there have been issues mounting the tablet on a computer to transfer files... Before you go to transfer files between your Tab and computer, make sure you go to Settings and disable USB debugging.

If the stock browser is a bit laggy, try Dolphin Browser. If the stock keyboard is, try ThumbKeyboard.

Flash isn't installed by default, you'll have to install it from the market.

To consistently get the full, non-mobile versions of web pages, do this:

1. Type about:debug into the URL bar and press enter.
    2. Go to Menu > Settings > Debug
    3. Change UAString to "desktop"

I don't have my Tab yet, but I've picked these up from reading the topics over at XDA. Hope it helps!
    paintdrinkingpete likes this.
    06-20-2011 01:14 PM
    Hey everyone,

Tip #2: Don't have any problems with it. The manufacturer and retailer won't do anything, but apologize for the inconvenience. You should see the support chat I'm having now. I don't know how my veins haven't exploded from the sudden spike in blood pressure.
    06-20-2011 01:33 PM
    Tip #2: Don't have any problems with it. The manufacturer and retailer won't do anything, but apologize for the inconvenience. You should see the support chat I'm having now. I don't know how my veins haven't exploded from the sudden spike in blood pressure.
    What problem are you having with it?
    06-20-2011 01:41 PM
    Tip #1: Enjoy!
    I hope to!

It seems that there have been issues mounting the tablet on a computer to transfer files... Before you go to transfer files between your Tab and computer, make sure you go to Settings and disable USB debugging.

If the stock browser is a bit laggy, try Dolphin Browser. If the stock keyboard is, try ThumbKeyboard.

Flash isn't installed by default, you'll have to install it from the market.

To consistently get the full, non-mobile versions of web pages, do this:

1. Type about:debug into the URL bar and press enter.
    2. Go to Menu > Settings > Debug
    3. Change UAString to "desktop"

I don't have my Tab yet, but I've picked these up from reading the topics over at XDA. Hope it helps!
    Thanks for that -- a lot of this I'm already familiar with from my Android phone(s), but good tips none the less. I've used Dolphin Browser before, it's pretty nice, and easy to change it's client setting from Android to Desktop as well.

I've heard Samsung can have a reputation for stuff like this...hoping I don't have any issues! (fingers crossed).
    06-20-2011 02:08 PM
    What problem are you having with it?
    The Tab I bought had some scratches and physical damage on it straight out of the box. Not caused by me. Fry's says its not their fault b/c I was the first one to own it. Samsung says it is Fry's fault b/c the box didn't have a seal on it. Now I've been directed to leave a message for their repair company, Intelisol, to see whether they will charge me for "cosmetic" repairs. I printed out two pages of the Samsung CSR apologizing to me.

I've heard Samsung can have a reputation for stuff like this...hoping I don't have any issues! (fingers crossed).
    Fry's and Samsung are both pretty bad.
    06-20-2011 02:16 PM
    The Tab I bought had some scratches and physical damage on it straight out of the box. Not caused by me. Fry's says its not their fault b/c I was the first one to own it. Samsung says it is Fry's fault b/c the box didn't have a seal on it. Now I've been directed to leave a message for their repair company, Intelisol, to see whether they will charge me for "cosmetic" repairs. I printed out two pages of the Samsung CSR apologizing to me.

Fry's and Samsung are both pretty bad.
    Wow, that sucks. Hope everything works out...
    06-20-2011 02:32 PM
    Just ordered mine with 1 day shipping. Hope it comes here soon tomorrow
    06-20-2011 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD