I have a xoom 3g, persuade me to buy tab 10.1 please

mrboss23

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a xoom, please persuade me to buy a 10.1 tab. I need ports that the tab doesn't have. An SD card slot is the best thing that happened to the tablets as I can swap from my phone to tab. Even though I don't use the HDMI much, I love the option to game from my tab on my TV with a ps3 controller. Even though the weight and screen is better on the tab, is it worth it. Help

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah...whats the point of us convincing you of anything. The Tab obviously doesn't have the features that you're looking for. Stick with the still impressive Xoom.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I just returned my Xoom for the Galaxy tab. Here is my basic run down.

The screen screen is so much better it isn't even a fair competition. I didn't really appreciate how bad the Xoom screen was until playing with the Galaxy tab. However, the thing that sold me on the tab was it was just smoother. One of the things about the Xoom that bothered me was that in any orientation besides the standard landscape layout caused all sorts of graphical issues. I had read that this was a problem with the tegra 2 chip, so I didn't worry about it. This bug doesn't seem to be present in the galaxy tab, which leads me to believe that the Xoom has some deep down flaws. I also haven't had a stock browser crash yet, which I had frequently on the Xoom (even after the 3.1 update).

It is unfortunate that Samsung decided not to include more ports on the tab and an sd card would have been nice. However, I keep so much data in the cloud that I really don't have much need for an sd card, but that is just me. I plan to get the USB connector at some point, but I plan to use Bluetooth peripherals.

When I look at the Xoom and the Galaxy tab, the Xoom has so many downsides. I really hate saying that, but it is the truth in my eyes. Actually while writing this response, it feels like the tab has a more responsive screen as well. I would highly recommend the switch, but it all comes down to preference.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
If the size and screen are less important to you than features like SD card slots, then you've already made the right choice. I'm very happy with Galaxy 10.1, but the form factor and size was what I was looking for. I Don't really "need" SD card slot, especially with dropbox app.

kagenish

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Remember that the tab is wifi only, n from what i saw they have a video on ign with the tab having a sd card slot. If that feature is important to you then wait n see if the 4LTE we have sd slot for me im happy on how smooth the tab is.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I just returned my Xoom for the Galaxy tab. Here is my basic run down.

The screen screen is so much better it isn't even a fair competition. I didn't really appreciate how bad the Xoom screen was until playing with the Galaxy tab. However, the thing that sold me on the tab was it was just smoother. One of the things about the Xoom that bothered me was that in any orientation besides the standard landscape layout caused all sorts of graphical issues. I had read that this was a problem with the tegra 2 chip, so I didn't worry about it. This bug doesn't seem to be present in the galaxy tab, which leads me to believe that the Xoom has some deep down flaws. I also haven't had a stock browser crash yet, which I had frequently on the Xoom (even after the 3.1 update).

It is unfortunate that Samsung decided not to include more ports on the tab and an sd card would have been nice. However, I keep so much data in the cloud that I really don't have much need for an sd card, but that is just me. I plan to get the USB connector at some point, but I plan to use Bluetooth peripherals.

When I look at the Xoom and the Galaxy tab, the Xoom has so many downsides. I really hate saying that, but it is the truth in my eyes. Actually while writing this response, it feels like the tab has a more responsive screen as well. I would highly recommend the switch, but it all comes down to preference.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

I am pretty much a "ditto" of this. I really liked my Xoom, but the drab screen was a bit disappointing, and I'm very happy with the switch so far. I also was surprised to find the tab less prone to sluggishness than the Xoom.

windiddy

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I have a xoom, please persuade me to buy a 10.1 tab. I need ports that the tab doesn't have. An SD card slot is the best thing that happened to the tablets as I can swap from my phone to tab. Even though I don't use the HDMI much, I love the option to game from my tab on my TV with a ps3 controller. Even though the weight and screen is better on the tab, is it worth it. Help
dont buy SGT10.1, stick with your xoom!

sonofdroid

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
The only thing the xoom lacks is the screen, but it is still an amazing display regardless. The quality build of the xoom makes it a time piece, meaning,even down the road of obsolete-ville the Moto Xoom will still be considered a quality piece of hardware build that will still be much sort after from hardcore geeks even when there're long gone. Just for the fact that one can easily open a Xoom and swap out any piece of it's hardware including the battery and glass effortlessly make it desirable. Most other tabs including the Galaxy 10.1 are disposable.

Haven't seen or used the 10.1 tab yet and who knows, if the price comes way down or bumped for a newer version I might consider one off ebay.

Purely my opinion.

Last edited: