Just picked up a Galaxy Tab 10.1 to go along with my Samsung Fascinate. So glad samsung shipped this stock android and didn't over do it on the OEM software.

I have a few internal pages at work I need access to however I can't because I need to add them to the hosts file. How do I do this on Honeycomb 3.1? Any help would be appreciated!

FYI it is not yet rooted but if I need to do that I will.
    06-27-2011 12:32 PM
    Just picked up a Galaxy Tab 10.1 to go along with my Samsung Fascinate. So glad samsung shipped this stock android and didn't over do it on the OEM software.

I have a few internal pages at work I need access to however I can't because I need to add them to the hosts file. How do I do this on Honeycomb 3.1? Any help would be appreciated!

FYI it is not yet rooted but if I need to do that I will.
    Don't thank Samsung necessarily, I believe Google mandated that all honeycomb tablets have to ship with vanilla OS, and manufacturers can then provide their own UI via "optional" update.

I've never tried, so I'm not sure if it's possible to modify/import a host file or not. Can you access these resources via IP address instead of host name?
    06-27-2011 12:47 PM
    Don't thank Samsung necessarily, I believe Google mandated that all honeycomb tablets have to ship with vanilla OS, and manufacturers can then provide their own UI via "optional" update.

I've never tried, so I'm not sure if it's possible to modify/import a host file or not. Can you access these resources via IP address instead of host name?
    I think that's the best thing Google did it should make it easier for honeycomb to get updates
    06-27-2011 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD