Help Connecting Galaxy Tab to ad hoc wireless network from phone

Bigum1969

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Folks:

I rooted my Samsung Infuse today and plan on using it as a wireless hot spot. I can connect my computers and iPad2 to it, but the Galaxy Tab doesn't see the connection because it is ad hoc.

Is there an easy way to fix this? I'm not sure I want to root my tab, so I'm hoping there is an easy fix.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Help Connecting Galaxy Tab to ad hoc wireless network from ph

Hi Folks:

I rooted my Samsung Infuse today and plan on using it as a wireless hot spot. I can connect my computers and iPad2 to it, but the Galaxy Tab doesn't see the connection because it is ad hoc.

Is there an easy way to fix this? I'm not sure I want to root my tab, so I'm hoping there is an easy fix.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help.

I'm not sure it's possible without rooting, but check this thread:

Ad-hoc WiFi - xda-developers

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site

i had the same issue trying to get my fascinate to wifi to show up on the 10.1 but i guess its the ad hoc thing. xda has a link tho to an app that works called WiFi Tether. xda is down right now or i would post a link but thats how i got mine to work.

Bigum1969

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

i had the same issue trying to get my fascinate to wifi to show up on the 10.1 but i guess its the ad hoc thing. xda has a link tho to an app that works called WiFi Tether. xda is down right now or i would post a link but thats how i got mine to work.

I will see if I can find it. Thanks.

imagedoc

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

On the question of ad hoc wireless connections from the Galaxy Tab 10.1, I believe this is possible.

I use an Eye-Fi wireless SD card in my camera and have set up a direct connection (no router) to my Tab to successfully transfer images. Tab isn't rooted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante