Updating pre-installed apps (Pulse, specifically)

mhalladay

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Am very happy owner of 32 gig, metallic grey Tab that Amazon delivered on morning of 17th, the first day available.

Have seen that Pulse allows setting up personal accounts ('.me'), but only in versions above 2.3. My installed version is 2.0.4, but when I go to Marketplace, I don't see a way to update the app (normally-available update button is not there); nor is there an option to download since the app already intalled. Anyone have a work-around?

Thanks, Mike H.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Am very happy owner of 32 gig, metallic grey Tab that Amazon delivered on morning of 17th, the first day available.

Have seen that Pulse allows setting up personal accounts ('.me'), but only in versions above 2.3. My installed version is 2.0.4, but when I go to Marketplace, I don't see a way to update the app (normally-available update button is not there); nor is there an option to download since the app already intalled. Anyone have a work-around?

Thanks, Mike H.

Strange.

Mine updated on it's own to 2.3.6....

All I did was:

Market -> My Apps (top right) -> Pulse -> Allow Automatic updates

cloudcrier

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, Mike H.
For me, pulse didn't show up in the market place under my apps and i couldn't select automatic updates. It also wouldn't let me uninstall it. I ended up going to the market place via the browser and installed the pulse app from there and the app now shows up in my apps under the market place on the tab and it is up to date. I can also now select automatic updates.

Hope this helps others who may run into the same issue.

Reactions: kagenish

mhalladay

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
This worked for me - went to website version of android market and could download the newer app; my system then recognized that it was an update, so all my settings and source selections were retained;plus, Pulse now shows up under "My apps", so I can enable auto. updates. Main reason I wanted update is that newer version can sync/download articles to Evernote, with initiation of an account. Problem solved! Thanks.

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
This worked for me - went to website version of android market and could download the newer app; my system then recognized that it was an update, so all my settings and source selections were retained;plus, Pulse now shows up under "My apps", so I can enable auto. updates. Main reason I wanted update is that newer version can sync/download articles to Evernote, with initiation of an account. Problem solved! Thanks.

I had the same problem as the OP and followed the above steps on the online market and it pushed the update down to my Tab. Thanks for the tip mhalladay!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63