Missing Words With Friends.

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Where do you find the username and password? I'm playing WWF on my EVO with no problems and the user name is a random bunch of characters, more or less, and there is no email or password show in the settings of WWF on the EVO.

You can actually change your user name to a more easily remembered character

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the WWF app that came pre-installed or accessing WWF right through the Facebook website via the browser on the Tab?

When I open the app it asks for an email address. I don't recall ever registering one with WWF, yet it works on my phone just fine using the app. Not sure if it synched through the Facebook app on my phone or how it knew my Facebook account, but I had no trouble at all.

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I first used wwf on the iPad. Didn't log in via fb, but I eventually connected it in the ipad app.

You can do the same and connect via fb in fb itself

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
IPad? This is the Tab forum. ;)

Still have no idea what to use as a login on the WWF app. Anybody else have suggestions or is this just not possible?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
IPad? This is the Tab forum. ;)

Still have no idea what to use as a login on the WWF app. Anybody else have suggestions or is this just not possible?

The tab version of WWF is awful in my experience.

The tab version doesn't seem to have FB integration, so you need to have an account registered with WWF itself (this is why it asks for email address to logon). This was no problem for me because when I initially set up the app on my phone, I did not use the FB link -- I just created a WWF account. Once you setup an account with them, you can link that account to your FB account.

I'm not sure it's even worth going through all that though because the app doesn't really work anyway. Mine simply NEVER updates. Any time I open the app, it's always a few DAYS behind moves made in my games...and as far as I can tell, there's no way to do a manual refresh. Sometimes after a while it will finally update, but usually it doesn't.

I open it every now and then just to see if it's finally working, but I've come to the conclusion that I can only really play WWF on my phone, as the tab app just doesn't work.

Reactions: Cowchip

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Well I must chime in here to voice my overall displeasure. I had no idea prior to getting this tab that it'd be so limited in what I can do. The price tag alone should allow me to cook on it. Can't play WWF, can't stream using Xfinity, can't install HBO Go. This it's very disappointing considering I can do all this from my phone & iPad.

I realize this is a tab forum; not iPad.

But still.... If functionality is this limited at this stage of the game, there's no real enjoyment in it for me. I came across a few internet postings which said HBO Go isn't optimized for tablets. Last time I checked wasn't the iPad still a tablet?

Sent from my very limited Galaxy 10.1 using Tapatalk!

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Well I must chime in here to voice my overall displeasure. I had no idea prior to getting this tab that it'd be so limited in what I can do. The price tag alone should allow me to cook on it. Can't play WWF, can't stream using Xfinity, can't install HBO Go. This it's very disappointing considering I can do all this from my phone & iPad.

I realize this is a tab forum; not iPad.

But still.... If functionality is this limited at this stage of the game, there's no real enjoyment in it for me. I came across a few internet postings which said HBO Go isn't optimized for tablets. Last time I checked wasn't the iPad still a tablet?

Sent from my very limited Galaxy 10.1 using Tapatalk!

Noted and agreed with -- but unfortunately this really isn't an issue the tab, which I think is great piece of hardware, but with the app developers who refuse to support it. I find it odd too because while yes, fragmentation of Android can make it difficult on app devs, pretty much all tablets run either Honeycomb or ICS.

When I first got the tab, I was more than willing to accept the general lack of fully supported apps, given the "infancy" of the larger form factor in the Android world...but it is a bit disappointing that almost a year later things haven't improved that much. Still though, 99% I'm very happy with my purchase, and still have no desire to own an iPad (but that's not a rant to get into here).

Download it on your phone then use an app called " my app sharer" to send the apk to your tab via Bluetooth or email. I do this with allot of apps that " don't work " on tablets.

Thanks...I'll keep that app in mind.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Just an update to this if anyone is still interested...

I was able to get this to work by removing WwF from tab, then installing the phone version from getjar. Works fine, but you can't allow it to update from the Play Store.

(Not sure if this works if the tab isn't rooted, since I think WwF may come with it?)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams