Going to buy a samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1

newpad

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
First off, I'm new here and I'm thinking about buying a tab 2 10.1. But i have some questions, oh and I'm COMPLETELY new to android and so new I never touched a device before. ;) My first question is, can you put the tab 2 10.1 in portait mode? 2. can you have flash on your tab 2 10.1 and how? 3. I've read a bunch of sites with people having problems with their tab but is it worth it? and my last question is for the remote control feature, can it work with other tvs? for example a sony tv?

Thanks for all your support and sorry if these questions seem "noobyish" but i'm new ;)

john144

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
The best advice I can offer you is to go into a store that sells them, pick up the device, and play with it for awhile. Try a few apps. Try the browser.

You can put the tablet in portrait mode, but I have noticed that a few apps only run in portrait mode, and others only run in landscape. This is more the app than the device, and most apps that I have seen work in both modes. My tablet runs Android 4.0.4, and it runs flash. I watch Youtube, and some browsers run embedded videos.

As for remote control, I know that it works. The tablet has an IR interface. I started to play with it once, but never got past turning my TV off and on. I didn't have the time to pursue it further, so I need to try it again.

Here is the website that describes the Peel remote control app. Peel | Discover Personalized TV

Reactions: newpad

newpad

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks John144, I read in another thread that there is a flash app that downloads it onto your device, but is that true or do you have to do it online and download it there?

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
You download the app from the Play store. But you have to have it by next month because it is getting pulled from by Adobe. They aren't going to continue flash for mobile devices.

Sent from another Galaxy... S II

Reactions: newpad

Antoine Gray

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Bungin. Didn't know that they were going to pull Adobe flash. I have it on my Samsung 2 7.0 and my 10.1 arrives this week. Just in time to install before it's gone.
thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC