Tab 2 10.1 or Tab 2 7 or transformer pad TF300 or just a laptop?

newpad

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently looking into getting something for high school that I can do all my work on and research, etc on it. But i have a problem, i don't know which one to choose, my options narrowed down to, the tab 2 10.1, the tab 2 7, the transformer pad tf300 or a laptop. I will use it for slideshows, essays, book reports, projects, presentations, narritives, research, etc. I know the ktab 10.1, tab 2 7 and the tf300 all have micro sd card slots which can support up to 32 gb but i don't want to run around with 10 micro sd cards how ever i also have 100 gb in the cloud and each of the tablets have 1 gb of ram. Also there are apps for the slideshows/essays/narritives. So my question is, which one do you recommend?

Thanks in advance for your support:)

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
No tablet out is a substitute for a laptop yet. If you have a desktop that you can remote into, then the Prime is the best laptop replacement. There are still too many limitations on tablets to completely replace a laptop.

Sent from another Galaxy... S II

Reactions: newpad

iphart

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Tab 2 10.1 or Tab 2 7 or transformer pad TF300 or just a lap

Tf 300 has a terrible screen. colors are washed out and the contrast is way too dim.
Just go to any B&M store such as Best Buy and compare with others and see for yourself.

Antoine Gray

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

I own the Galaxy 2 7.0 and just ordered the 10.1 version. I did my homework and found that even though the Asus has a quad core processor, it still doesn't beat the Samsung when it comes to browsing, touch screen response, video and music playing(2 speakers on the front), and the most important to me, battery life. Asus about 7 to 8 hours, Samsung 10 hours with moderate to heavy use. Samsung also comes with the latest version of Polaris Office which reads Office 2007 files. Asus has an older version that only reads Office 2003 or older and the interface is clunky as well. See youtube, asktheandroidguy for a hands on comparison.
Hope this helps.

Antoine Gray

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

Ditto to the guy who talked about the screen as well. Samsung has a beautiful screen to be just 1280 by 800. Infinity and Acer are currently the only ones with a sharper screen but you pay for it in battery life, at least on the Asus. The Acer is thicker to accommodate a larger battery but the thing gets really hot, especially when watching movies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21