Want suggestions for Custom ROM for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 (wifi)

AsSudan

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Newbie here.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 model GT-P5113 wifi only tablet. Runs original out of box Samsung OEM ICS 4.0.4, rooted, with CWM Recovery v6.0.1.2.

I'd like to install a custom Jelly Bean ROM. I'd like one where everything works: GPS, camera, google apps, wifi, bluetooth, etc. I really don't know where to start or what to look for or even what to ask for when it comes to picking out a custom ROM. Suggestions and links are very appreciated!

Also, can I somehow somewhere get just plain AOSP Jelly Bean 4.1 ROM and install it?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Not sure its possible yet on the tablet side and perhaps why Android is lagging in that dept. They take too long to offer anything in terms of OS updates within a reasonable time frame. I mean I just looked at the specs of the GT2 10.1 and that are a bit underwhelming compared to what is happening elsewhere right now. There may not be any decent ROM's out there with working drivers since there are no leaked GT2 10.1 ROM's on 4.1 to work from. At least that is what I think the other member is saying.

fester01

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Last night I decided to flash JellyBean. So far the only thing I see wrong/not working is no audio from movies or youtube while using headphones, speaker audio is fine. I will be able to spend more time with it during the weekend.

ecorristine

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Nice one fester, keep up the good work, am due to receive my tab 2 GT P-5113 soon and as I've just received jellybean update on my htc one x last week, would really love to have on my tab too. Would really appreciate if you kept me informed as you sound as if you know what you're doing.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

fester01

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I had to revert back to ICS 4.0.4. The nearly constant notifications of email and android user services was too annoying, JellyBean was very nice otherwise, I even got the headphone audio working again after doing a factory reset a second time after the JB flash.
I intend to flash a newer release of JB, just haven't had time lately.

ecorristine

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Happy Christmas Fester, well I'm a believer again, santy came yesterday driving a green An Post van with my galaxy tab 2, GT P5113, ho ho ho happy days, so what's the dealio, how do I upgrade to jellybean ? Any help would be very much appreciated.

ecorristine

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Sorry me again, was gonna buy a san disk 64GB micro sd, do you know is it compatible and will it recognise card in order to store movies and music on ?

fester01

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried the 64GB myself, only 32gb. I have read in other forums that 64 gb works in the GT-P5113.
Still haven't flashed the newest Jellybean yet, the holidays have taken all my free time. Hopefully soon.

Thanks for the Holiday wishes,
Same to you, ecorristine.

beanctr10

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone try the CyanogenMod 10.1 with Android 4.2.2 for the GT-P5113? I have been wanting to try but before I do I would like to know how its running for others.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Android Central Forums

saxojon

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I run cm 10.1 on my p5100 and it works like a charm. I had a substantial jump in performance compared to the much bloated TouchWiz ROM. I'm recommending it to everyone who has a Galaxy Tab 2.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(7888417)

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I run cm 10.1 on my p5100 and it works like a charm. I had a substantial jump in performance compared to the much bloated TouchWiz ROM. I'm recommending it to everyone who has a Galaxy Tab 2.

Posted via Android Central App

May be great and dandy but with out the RI blaster working for P113 I wouldn't go with them. If they can't get all the parts in a tablet working then it's a no go for me and I'm sure quite a bit of people who have that model like me enjoy using there tablet as a remote. There for I can't recommend them if they can't figure out how to get it working. Ya sure for other tablets that don't have a RI blaster would benefit but not all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech