I thought Samsung was going to release Jelly Bean for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0? What ever happened to that?

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I remember seeing that on a few pretty reputable sites (although I don't recall any differentiating between the different flavors of Tab 2 7.0), but when I searched Samsung's site, I saw no mention of updating any tablets to Jelly Bean...

However, there are reported leaks of the Tab 2 update, and also some people claiming that their Samsung tabs are receiving the updates (some versions in certain parts of the world), so I personally think it is coming.

It seems that even if it is planned, Samsung is like many other companies, and doesn't announce schedules in advance. If you look at the Samsung site, there is a list of some cell phones to be upgraded, but the only schedules they publish are "Released" and "Coming Soon" and even though I think "Coming Soon" is a cop-out, apparently their business model discourages announcing actual dates.

So, my best guess is "Coming Soon" to the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, with no definition of what "Coming Soon" means. :)

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: I thought Samsung was going to release Jelly Bean for Galaxy Tab 2

Samsung is busy updating newer gear. They focus on the latest equipment then move backwards. So, until the Note 2, Note 10.1, and Galaxy S III are on JB, the Tab 2 is not a priority.

Sent from my Nexus 10

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci