Default installed apps

D0gsballs

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

New to Android and just bought this tablet, but it comes with a load of crap I don't want on but it seems with no way to remove. Is there anyway at all to remove or uninstall the default apps that come preloaded?

Thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi.

New to Android and just bought this tablet, but it comes with a load of crap I don't want on but it seems with no way to remove. Is there anyway at all to remove or uninstall the default apps that come preloaded?

Thanks.

Welcome to Android Central. Yes there is a way to remove them by means of rooting your device. Meaning gaining superuser access of your device. This is done by different methods which you can learn about in your respective devices forum here at AC. But keep in mind that rooting your device may void your warranty if you return it for service. There are ways to return it to factory state for returning. All this is done at your own risk. So please read the forum threads and ask alot of questions before attempting any type of modification on your device.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
You can disable the ones you do not want in Settings>Applications>all Apps and disable. Disabling may affect the performance of the device. The OS will warn you if you are about to disable critical apps. If in time you want to re-enable any app, scroll down the list of apps, they are all stored at the very end. This keeps you warranty intact.

Spikes

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
You can disable the ones you do not want in Settings>Applications>all Apps and disable. Disabling may affect the performance of the device. The OS will warn you if you are about to disable critical apps. If in time you want to re-enable any app, scroll down the list of apps, they are all stored at the very end. This keeps you warranty intact.

Spikes

On my GN2 disabled is greyed out. Also don't they reenable on reboot?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
8357663010_2037301062_m.jpg

As can be seen disable is available on the GT-P5100 and disabled items does not reboot

Spikes