Taking notes on the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

CPaisley

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for a good stylus to use on my new tab as well as a good app for note taking at mtgs. There is a lot out there and I am new at this. Any ideas are truly appreciated. Thx in advance.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I finally settled on the Adonit Jotpro. It is the same size as a normal pen and works with screen protectors

I use the Free note as it happily takes cursive writing and is fully adjustable. I further use Sketch free as I sometimes have make rough sketches in field. To combine the whole for easy sharing Ever note is handy

CPaisley

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. Areyou able to readyournotes clearly? I am an educator and would use it in the classroom and staff development. Samasungsays this tab 2 is not meant to take notes. With the stylus you have do youdisagree.

I finally settled on the Adonit Jotpro. It is the same size as a normal pen and works with screen protectors

I use the Free note as it happily takes cursive writing and is fully adjustable. I further use Sketch free as I sometimes have make rough sketches in field. To combine the whole for easy sharing Ever note is handy

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your reply. Areyou able to readyournotes clearly? I am an educator and would use it in the classroom and staff development. Samasungsays this tab 2 is not meant to take notes. With the stylus you have do youdisagree.

Last edited:

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

Have you used this stylus long? My friends iPad suffered some scratches from this one so I would be careful about it.

I haven't found any stylus that makes taking notes as easy as it was on my boyfriend's note 10.1 . was hoping to prove him wrong in that one. Might wait for a price drop or the next version and get that myself.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you used this stylus long? My friends iPad suffered some scratches from this one so I would be careful about it.

I haven't found any stylus that makes taking notes as easy as it was on my boyfriend's note 10.1 . was hoping to prove him wrong in that one. Might wait for a price drop or the next version and get that myself.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

As I said, I have a screen protector on and yes the JotPro works for me. Even with the std Samsung Memo app. With FreeNote you can adjust the lag before the Tab recognize or present what you wrote on screen. All my notes are in cursive and presentation on screen and print is very close to what my normal handwriting looks like with pen or pencil

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. Areyou able to readyournotes clearly? I am an educator and would use it in the classroom and staff development. Samasungsays this tab 2 is not meant to take notes. With the stylus you have do youdisagree

The Tab is fine for the note taking that I do. Typically field notes run to 6-10 pages of A4 notes usually with one or two pages with annotated sketches. I print the field notes and compile Investigation reports from that. When out on an extended field trip, I use Evernote to compile an electronic site report which I mail back to my Office for typing to be ready when I get back to base.

Samsung is obviously keen to sell The Galaxy Note with the S-pen.

After 60 years of writing with a full size pen, scribbling with my finger or a stubby lightweight stylus and only printed letters was just not on. The JotPro works very well for me

I tried several handwriting apps before I decided on FreeNote.

When I want to convert hand written notes to text I either use the Samsung Memo, or switch the keyboard to pen and write directly into e-mail or online forms using the JotPro

PS added. The only negative about the JotPro is the tapping noise that is created every tip you touch the screen. It may be a distraction in your situation

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited: