Polaris Office and Text Files on Google Drive

NHJonesy

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I can open Excel and Word documents on Google Drive using Polaris Office from my Gtab 2 10.1. However, every text file I try to open is completely blank. QuickOffice on my Razr HD opens same the text files just fine. I've Googled for a solution but am not finding anyone else posting about the same problem. Has anyone on this forum observed this phenomena?

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I sent a .txt document to my tablet. Polaris opens it as a .txt file. The Tab also presents other options to open depending on apps you have installed If you tab came with Dropbox pre-installed, you will also have an option to use DB Text editor for txt files

If by chance you are referring to Word .doc files, Polaris may have a problem with .docx. The first update that Polaris received on my Tab cleared that up

sfoote123

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem. There does not seem to be away to associate the Polaris app with Google drive for editing but office document on google drive automaticaly open with Polaris. From within the drive I can start a spreadsheet file or text doc and it works fine. I have no idea what program is creating the files when it is done that way . would like to be able to edit office files. Without that ability the Google drive is useless to me. I am using galaxy tab 2.

Abriel McPierce

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issues. It's apparently been going on since april.

Open Drive docs in polaris, and they're in a read only state. I'm applying
the firmware update to see if this corrects the issue. Will update if it does.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issues. It's apparently been going on since april.

Open Drive docs in polaris, and they're in a read only state. I'm applying
the firmware update to see if this corrects the issue. Will update if it does.

To edit and save documents (xlsx and docx formats)from and back to Google drive do the following:

1. Enable "offline mode " for Google drive on your device.
2.Open the documenst that you want to edit from GD onto your device
3.Save it locally by tapping the save button(disk icon) Save it to a local folder on your device
4. Navigate to the "saved" local document and open it. Edit to your hearts content.
5. Save locally(you don't have to rename it, it will be time-stamped)
6. Share back to Google Drive
7.Remove the original document from Google Drive if required(it goes to the recycle bin in Google Drive) To "remove" tap and hold the document that you want to remove

This works using Polaris Office and the Tab 2 10.1 with ICS (4.0.4) and Win 7 with Office 2010

Adam Rohrer

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Dropbox and I want to access a file using Polaris Office. I can see the files, download them, and open them but they are "read only". Samsung support has no answers. Google forums seem to deal with Google Drive mostly, and only have "work around"s that require saving it locally on the mobile device, which in this case is a Galaxy Note 10.1.

I hope I'm just missing something simple, because if I cannot modify documents that I can view and download on my device then for what purpose do I A. have a mobile device and B. have Polaris Office? If the issue is with Android security, or with Polaris app, or with Dropbox I don't know, though I'll bet it has to do with Android or Polaris, though I've read of Prime also not working.

I don't even know where to ask.

Nicky Luis

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I can see, open and edit my docs from the google drive on my Samsung 10.1 but when I come to save my edited doc there is no option to save back to the Google drive? Only option is to save to my device .

Leah-Ty Green

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
To edit and save documents (xlsx and docx formats)from and back to Google drive do the following:

1. Enable "offline mode " for Google drive on your device.
2.Open the documenst that you want to edit from GD onto your device
3.Save it locally by tapping the save button(disk icon) Save it to a local folder on your device
4. Navigate to the "saved" local document and open it. Edit to your hearts content.
5. Save locally(you don't have to rename it, it will be time-stamped)
6. Share back to Google Drive
7.Remove the original document from Google Drive if required(it goes to the recycle bin in Google Drive) To "remove" tap and hold the document that you want to remove

This works using Polaris Office and the Tab 2 10.1 with ICS (4.0.4) and Win 7 with Office 2010

Thank you. It worked, was searching for hours to find out what to do.