My Tab 2 10.1 is missing features of jelly bean 4.1.1

KevinKdog

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I bought my galaxy tab 2 10.1 three weeks ago. It came with jelly bean 4.1.1 installed. I'm new to androids so I have been reading forums and anything I can find to familiarize myself with the operating system. It seems that I keep reading about screen capture being the volume button and power button but on mine it is a single touchscreen button. The camera also doesn't do what i've read that it should and my notifications don't come from a "shade" from the top but it pops up from the bottom. Can someone tell me if I'm missing something or if samsung just held back certain features? Thanks for any help that you can give.

jbwn1259

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I't took me a few to figure that out also, I just got mine last week. Look at the bottom of your tablet in notification area to left. There is a square box with a snowflake in the center. I just tap that and it takes the screenshot and you can fine it in your Gallery. Hope this helps.

KevinKdog

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I found what you were talking about but from what I've read the update said the screen capture, camera app and notification area should be different than what my version of 4.1.1 is. Seems like the android world is much more complicated than ios! I love the control I have over my device however. Seems like my ipad was less complicated. I think samsung must decide what parts of the updates to make available.

jbwn1259

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I love the android system. But you can change it by going into setting, display then quick launch and change from the 5 choices that are given such camera, search etc.

jamb0n2

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi I am a little confused.
I have a galaxy tab 2 also and like the first post I am quite new to this tab.
I have looked through the reviews of this tab with jelly bean update and it looks like im missing things according to reviews on the web and youtube?

For instance when looking at gallery i do not get the options to spiral or icon albums and flick through them and just get a page of albums and their covers all togetther.

On the mini bar launcher i don't get any options bar an arrow to open and close. I also just have a total of 7 widgets here.

On the video screen it says that I should have the preview of video when hovering? I dont have this at all?

My tab with Keis says it has latest software and when I go into the about screen it says I have 4.1.1?

Hope somebody can help

stepheninkent

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the galaxy note 10.1 and l have there features But l am unsure it they are exclusive to my note. it you are in gallery view top right of the screenthere are button. Between the Camera and the settings there is a button with Squares on. When pressing this button it cycles through the option's of how to display the photo's and one of these will be the Spiral view

ghdavis

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi... actually, the differences you mention are explainable... as far as the notifications you mentioned? I actually own a 7 inch Galaxy Tab 2 as well as the 10.1 model. When I purchased both these models (at different) times they were running Android 3.x.x so I got to upgrade both tablets. I discovered that the OS's between the two were visably different. The notifications on the 7 " model were presented like the shades, from the top where on the 10.1 it came from the bottom, lower right in a roll-up fashion. The photo snapshot of the desktop is captured by a press of a 5th button that looks like square gun sight, its the last button on the right. All that to say this, sometimes a user describing a situation to an article or such, doesn't identify wether their using a 7" or a 10.1". These differences did NOT exist in the older 3.?.? Android Tab 2's

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz