SD card is blank or has unsupported filesystem - 16GB

ennoia

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Today I bought a 16GB microSD card today to use in my tablet and unfortunately my tablet will not mount it. I get an error of: "SD card is blank or has unsupported filesystem."

It then asks to format the card, which I say yes to and it says checking the card, then preparing the card and then it goes back to the original error and the cycle continues. Basically I am unable to get the tablet to see the card.

The same card in my laptop works perfectly fine.

Any suggestions?

THANKS!

ennoia

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Update to add that I also have a Samsung phone and I took out the SanDisk 32GB card I have and tested it in my tablet. It sees it perfectly fine.

Unfortunately the 16GB Kingston microSD card is not recognized in my phone either (same issue/error). Is there a known issue with Kingston cards?

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Check it in your computer and see if it has some hidden files on it. Sometimes they have some "specialty files" that come with them that need to be deleted. Easier to see on a PC.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Format in the laptop to FAT32 format. Then power off the device BEFORE you insert the Sd card. The device should then pick it up.

Spikes

1google

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Today I bought a 16GB microSD card today to use in my tablet and unfortunately my tablet will not mount it. I get an error of: "SD card is blank or has unsupported filesystem."

It then asks to format the card, which I say yes to and it says checking the card, then preparing the card and then it goes back to the original error and the cycle continues. Basically I am unable to get the tablet to see the card.

The same card in my laptop works perfectly fine.

Any suggestions?

THANKS!

Restart the phone/tablet.

clintonbeetham

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi I also encountered the same error "Blank SD Card or has an unsupported file system" in my SD Card of Galaxy Note. I had some files encrypted using SMART LOCK application. Now it's not mounting. On laptop when i tried, it is shown in Devmanager and in Disk management it is shown as "No Media" and i am not able to format it also. and when i right click and the device and try to populate the volumes, it shown as "No capacity" for free space & total space. Please if there is any way to recover help me out.

1google

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi I also encountered the same error "Blank SD Card or has an unsupported file system" in my SD Card of Galaxy Note. I had some files encrypted using SMART LOCK application. Now it's not mounting. On laptop when i tried, it is shown in Devmanager and in Disk management it is shown as "No Media" and i am not able to format it also. and when i right click and the device and try to populate the volumes, it shown as "No capacity" for free space & total space. Please if there is any way to recover help me out.

Your card is probably damaged completely if you have this.

Android has many sd card problems when people root it. I have this problem many times as well.

lkzak

May 8, 2013
Visit site
When my galaxy not 10.1 was updated a couple days ago is when my sd card reports blank or unsupported filesystem.

Version 4.1.2 N8013UEUCMD8
Anyone have any ideals?

Thanks

Cozmikitty

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the exact same problem, so I bought a NEW 32GB card, put it in, and at first it was fine, but then it asked if I wanted to mount it, I said yes, and then it said that the card is damaged. By holding down on the message, the App info button came up, so I clicked on it. The System UI seems to be causing the issue. I do not see any way to update it either in the Application Manager. So, I Force Stopped the System UI program, then went back to Storage, then mounted the SD card. It said I needed to format it, so I did (the System UI was still off), and then everything was fine. So I think the problem is the System UI program.

datahook

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to add this: I am a virgin mobile customer w/ a motorola triumph. This phone os is fixed can never be updated (not the issue). It is droid 2.2.2. Anyways, same issue - RANDOM failure of SD card. Phone can just be sitting by itself for 24 hours and boom, either locks or reboots itself with subsequent sd error. And after months of use, boom, it can reverse itself. But, then, boom, reverse, haha. It is obviously a very expensive fix for google and their partners OR could it be as perverse as an agreed upon technique to get folks to purchase new? Either way, it truly is horrible the way they've danced around it. Next phone is iOS or windows for me.

jigs226

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
i got the same problem too for 3 days and still finding the solution nothing works sf formatter never even works and chkdsk..i got all day searching for the solution.. the 16 gig micro sd works in my computer win 7 and win xp2 read all the files when i put it back on my galaxy it says damaged sd card or unsupported file system. i even tried putting it to my old nokia phone and it works there all my music files and photos can be open there..the only problem is in my samsung galaxy sometimes i luckily open it 2 times on this galaxy but few files can only be open and read..its all there but some music and video dont play and some photos cant be open.. i had an old 2gig micro sd when i put it on my galaxy it works fine no problem at all..now it comes to my mind that some micro sd had a problem with samsung galaxy maybe its not compatible so all you had to do is buy a branded new micro sd that can be compatible to android galaxy or maybe android samsung needs to fix this make an update for their OS to support all kinds of micro sd type or maybe all they want is to buy their own branded micro sd..buy the way my galaxy supports up to 32 gig so the 16 gig must work.right now im thingking of returning back my new phone its only 3 weeks im really disappointed

jigs226

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
i got my solution. buy a new sd from the store i bought my phone.they are the first one to test the card open it and i ask them to put songs at least 100 and some pincture then they do. yes it works i ask them to power off take out the battery then they do so. after all it really works their new sd.it simple some sd might works on computer but they are not compatible to your galaxy maybe to some other phone it will work

mjanie63

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I have been having the same issues. I have a 32bg card that works fine in my computer and most times in my refurbished Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. However, I can be reading a book, listening to music or an audiobook, and all of a sudden the card un-mounts itself. Now I have had this happen whether or not the tablet is upright or not, but more often when it's upside down (the plug to charge is at the top). I have done the following to resolve: (1) take out the card then put it back in, or (2) select Reset (an option with the upgrade). Both of these solve the problem. However, I do think it's a hardware issue as well. I haven't tried contacting Amazon/Kamcor LTD, but will probably do that next as my tablet is only 4 mos old. Hope this helps somehow.

dev030712

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi I am new to this.. I have a 32gb memory card that usually works fine suddenly today it says sd card blank or has unsupported filesystem. I try to reformat it but same problem occur...how do I fix the sd card n get it to work?

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1