Stuck image in gallery

Steve Allen1

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
This is on the Galaxy Tab 2 10,1 with ICS. The image apparently got picked up wirelessly. It's one I took with a camera phone years ago. The phone is broke and has no battery in it, but did still have the micro SD card in. The same thing had happened with the Galaxy Tab I also have; as well as a Brother printer, which I got rid of, because the images I printed, got superimposed over this same image. Anyway, I can select it, but no trash can shows up to delete it. The trash can does show up when I select other images (photos). I've posted this problem in the PCQ&A forum and the 'best' they could come up with was ghosts. I guess it isn't harming anything by being there, it's just that it's a mystery. and won't go away.

Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
That image is sitting in a cyberspace directory such as Google documents, FLICKR, Photobucket etc. Try tapping and holding the image for a secondary menu to appear which may be able to indicate where the image is located. You have to delete this it in that location.
Spikes

Steve Allen1

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I selected details, but that only gave me the information of the camera that took the shot, and exposure, etc. I do have both Flikr and Photobucket, however, and will get onto both those sites and delete those photos. They're phone photos.

Edit: I may be 'stuck with it'. I checked the two photo storage programs I could get into, and the photos weren't there. I had accounts with Smug mug, but I've closed that account, and had one with Flikr and can't get into that. I'm pretty sure that they weren't on Flikr anyway. They may have been on Smug mug. They're not on the computer, because I just recently formatted and reinstalled XP. It's just one photo, so I guess I can put up with it. I don't really want to do a reset on either of the tablets; plus there's the chance it may show up again, anyway.

Last edited:

anon(8162910)

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, Bosbouer! I had the same problems and after reading your answer I realized the photos were in Dropbox - as soon as I deleted them from Dropbox, they disappeared from the tablet! :)