keytap sound not working?

txaspeat

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
has anyone else encountered this!

i want the tap sound when i type but its gone off and wont come back on. ive tried the obvious settings (sound settings and keyboard settings), ticked the appropriate boxes but its still mute. the screen select sound works ok (the one that sounds like bursting a bubble) but the keytap sound wont work.

can anyone help?

txaspeat

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
its the built in one that comes up at the bottom of the screen when youre browsing or on youtube or playstore etc and you want to type.

i got 2 tabs,1 each for the kids,my lads works fine but on my girls tab the tap sound just wont work when youre typing and its bugging me why not.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
has anyone else encountered this!

i want the tap sound when i type but its gone off and wont come back on. ive tried the obvious settings (sound settings and keyboard settings), ticked the appropriate boxes but its still mute. the screen select sound works ok (the one that sounds like bursting a bubble) but the keytap sound wont work.

can anyone help?

Go to settings>applications>all apps and scroll to Samsung keyboard. Clear its cache and reset defaults. Then in language and settings check keyboard sounds
. Personally I find the clicks an irritation but understand that the kids may require it
Good luck

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
thanks for your help, tried that and still no sound. I must have a faulty tablet!!!

Try SwiftKey, it has a setting in the menu to adjust the volume of the keyboard sound. I tried it this morning with the keyboard sounds in "main settings" disabled but activated in the SwiftKey menu and it works. Perhaps that can sort your tab out. You may have to download swiftkey for the other sibling as well as you can change to keyboard colours :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo